New

Site grouping in the password vault

Badge +5
When using the Password Vault in the on line section of Secure Anywhere there may be a time when, after setting up a group name (say "Health"), Secure, on its own, splits up the original group into sub groups (Health (1), Health (2)..). Consolidating sites back under one of the "Health" groups will not remain intact. Changing the name of an existing group name will not work either. 
What seems to work is to form a completely NEW group name (say "Health A"). Select "Add Group" from the "My Identity Actions" box on the right of the page, name it with a new name, and then move all your "Health" sites under the new name.
Syclops

24 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +55
Hi Syclops,

I believe these concerns, issues can be addressed to our Mobile Android Expert @.

Also may I add the Mobile Security Help Guide?Just encase...have you looked here?

To be honest I have not gone into my Account Console for my Passwords and tried to Change any names of any existing Groups.  But I will try to see what is going on.

@ do you have any suggestions?

Userlevel 7
Badge +55
Hello Syclops,

Sorry maybe I am not following you? In Passwords on the Online Account Console I can create and name Groups and add the sites to my new named Groups. The names and the sites remain in the Groups.:8
Badge +5
Hi Ssherjj and Baldrich,

You both had questions on my post "Password Grouping". I hope it is proper to try to answer you both here.
You shouldn't try to resolve this "problem" now. The "Tech Team" (I don't know what you call them or you) has had this since last December. It's probably been resolved by an update. Or, because I set up the vault just after purchase, It's probably just me that "screwed up". Anyway, the "Tech Team" has had no other requests on this problem, so I'd recommend you put it "on the shelf" and see if anyone responds to the post as it is. But thanks a lot for your immediate interest.

Regards, Syclops
Badge +5
Hi Ssherjj,
You seemed to be interested enough in this subject (On line Account Console, as you call it) to say you were not having any problem. So, I'll pick on you, if I may. With a small group on my console I tried to recreate the problem and succeeded. I'll run it by you to see if you can generate the problem at your end.
1. Choose a small group of yours (so if you get the problem, you won't have many to fix)
2. Modify one of the sites within (make it easy by just changing its note)
3. Return the site back to its original group (i.e. don't change the group drop down)
4. Log out completely (go to a different website)
5. Wait (awhile / maybe a day) and log back in
6. If you get the problem, it will show by your changed site appearing in a generated new group
Thanks for taking a look at this. If you want me to post it in another forum, I will do so. I say again, according to Webroot Support, I'm the only one that they know of who has run into this problem - so it my not be worth your time! In any event, thanks for listening to me!! Syclops
Userlevel 7
Badge +55
HI @,

Yes I'll follow your instructions as soon as I get back from being out and about.I'll let you know if I can duplicate your issue. Maybe I'm just not aware of this issue. Give me some time alright? I won't forget! 😉
Userlevel 7
Badge +55
@ can you move these posts to a new thread? 
Userlevel 7
Badge +55
@ I have followed your instructions and it is a waiting game now....
Badge +5
Hi Ssherjj-
I didn't mean for you to feel you had to jump right on this project - but thanks a lot!. I see we've been asked to move to a new post. Can you do that then tell me where that is? Thanks, Syclops
Userlevel 7
Badge +55
Hi Syclops,

Not a problem I always like to get'er done. :D

Well I have asked our Administrator to move this thread and I will have to wait to see if she feels if it is necessary. But I will let you know where the thread ends up if it is moved. You will most likely see this thread in your email notifying you if it is moved. ;)

I have checked my Password Management online Account Console and made changes to my email group. I changed a link to a different name in that group. I checked this morning and I did not see a "changed site appearing in a generated new group." Also the name change showed up(under Sites) in the ,  Password toolbar 

Is this what you wanted me to check out? If not let me know...

EDITED: @ do you use Webroot Password Manager? If you do maybe you could assist here?
Userlevel 7
Badge +35
@ I think it makes sense for this to be in the idea exchange, did you have something else in mind?
Userlevel 7
Badge +55
@, Sure it sounds good to me. I just wasn't sure we should troubleshooting under the Idea Exchange.

Thanks you for your response. Much appreciated.:D
Userlevel 7
Badge +35
Yeah it's ok, especially if it still ties into the original request. If it starts going on to different rails entirely, I'll probably move it.
Userlevel 7
Badge +55
Great Thank you!
Badge +5
Hi again Ssherjj-

Lets move this conversation as LL has suggested. I have more detail instructions to give you that I'm sure noone else wants to read! We can post our / your results later which may be interesting to some.
Thanks, Syclops
I am unable to reproduce this. I have tried editing the site of an existing group, as well as created a new group and edited a site from that new group. All new and existing groups retained the changes and remained in respective groups. I added notes to a site from a new and an existing group. Both remained in the same groups and no new groups were generated. I even tried changing one site from one group to another and added a note. I noticed no unexpected behavior. I didn't wait a whole day to check, though, just a few hours;)

I will say this... When you use the same email for different keycodes and your main online console shows muliple sub-consoles, (For instance, I have a sub-console for my Beta keycode and different sub-console for my paid Release version) the password information in any of the different sub-consoles, regardless of keycode, is all the same and ALL passwords show in all sub-consoles. I believe this is a bug and I reported to Nic as such a couple of years ago. I don't know if this has any bearing on Syclops' situation, but I thought I should mention it.
Userlevel 7
Badge +55
@, Well LL said we could leave it here? But you can always start another thread in Webroot AV Complete w/Password Manager. But everyone reads your/our posts anywhere in the Forum. Unless you want to PM me if you'd like with details.

I do think others are interested in what's going on. 
Userlevel 7
Badge +35
Yeah it's fine to leave it here so long as it pertains to the feature request itself. This is because when we review these requests, we like to fully understand the context and any circumstances that could impact it. You're more than welcome to take the conversation wherever, or, you're more than welcome to keep it going here in the idea exchange so that we can connect the two.
Userlevel 7
Badge +55
@ 

Thank you so very much for your help. I knew you could explain this much better then I. LOL Mucho Grande! I just wanted to make sure I understood the issues.

Yes thank you @...
Badge +5
WOW Ssherjj, I don't know if I can keep up with all the comments! I'll try.
First (with further testing) let me add to my original statement: On the third line after "on its own" insert: "after one of its sites has been modified"
Then to clarify my instructions, Ssherjj, be sure you're on the sites tab of the Manager. Here is listed all your sites for which you've set up passwords, links, notes, etc. separated (headed) by group names.
Amplifying Steps 2 & 3: Pick one site, click on "Edit", and add some words in the "Notes" box. Then click "Save Site" below. 
Now, Steps 4 & 5: Log out completely, wait (actually I was able to log right back in this morning to get the problem) then log back in.
So, what has happened to me, is that the site that I modified does not appear under the group name where I had it. Instead, Secure has duplicated my group name and listed (moved) the site I modified under it. To try to put it pictorilly:
Before
Health Group (8)
Site a
Site b
...Site h
After (modifying site b)
Health Group (7)
Site a
Site c
...Site h
Health Group (1)
Site b
WOW I've occupied enough space! But I hope the problem is a little clearer now - and how (what I did) to get it.
Thanks for giving it a go! Syclops
Userlevel 7
Badge +55
Hi @,

I will try again..
Badge +5
You are a good sport, Ssherjj

Thanks much,  Syclops
Userlevel 7
Badge +55
Hi Syclops,

I have been repeating your instructions over and over again. Signing out of the Account Console/Password Management and waiting and then signing back in and I cannot replicate that issue. I wish I could but it's not happening. Any editing in Sites always falls back into the Group that I edited it in.

Badge +5
Well OK Ssherjj,
You should get a medal for trying so hard. I must have something going on in my version (9.0.20.31). When I was referred over here from Support, it was agreed that I could be the only one running into this problem and to let it go unless we (through your posting mechanism) find some more people complaining about the situation. As stated in my preface, there's a way to get around it anyway.
It appears that we share the same enthusiasm for Password Manager as great facet of SA. I'm sure we'll run into each other soon "on the campus". Thanks again.
Syclops
Userlevel 7
Badge +55
Thanks Syclops,

I really feel bad that I cannot reproduce this for you. :(

I really learned alot about the Password Management. Thank you for your help in understanding your issue and your patience with me. You ruffled my enthusiasm with PWM.

See "on the campus" :D

Don't be a stranger..

Kindest Regards,