Complete

Spell check

• 11 October 2015
  • 7 replies

Would it be possible to implement spell-checking when posting or replying to posts in the Webroot Community?

I noticed the mobile version has spell-check, even auto-correct.

It seems like as I get older the more I question whether I spelled a word correctly. Sometimes, for whatever reason, a correctly spelled word just looks odd. (Maybe early onset Alzheimer’s, IDK).

I realize that our increasing dependence on technology to accomplish tasks that we are quite capable of handling on our own is probably further evidence of impending extinction. But spell-check is very convenient nonetheless.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
There is a spell check, though it is not automatic.  The toolbar at the top of the reply window that has the buttons for Bold, Italic, Underline, Insert Pic, etc etc, the very last button on the right "ABC" with a checkmark in it will launch the spell checker.  It took me quite a while to realize what that was for myself LOL!
Excellent! Thanks for the info.

I have just learned something new today.

Thank you!
Userlevel 7
Hi BurnDaddy

There is a spell check feature already available, as far as I know, but it is manually applicable when the user wants (the ABC symbol to the extreme right of the post options).

Also if you get a spellcheck extension installed in your favourite browser then that should provide interactive spellchecking...I have that re. my installation of Chrome.

Baldrick
Userlevel 7
? You are most welcome.  I STILL learn something new here every day... and I love it when I can help someone else meet the same goal :)

? Now that is a good idea... a spellcheck extension.  Believe it or not, I have never done that or thought of it....  there is MY new item for the day!
Thank you, @.

I guess we can move this to "Feature Already Exists"

Userlevel 7
Badge +34
It is clear that most posters do not make use of the manual spell checker and so making it automatic would be a big help and speed up the posting process for those of us who do use the manual checker. I note that posts are automatically spell checked here in Feature Request so I don't see why that can't be extended to the rest of the Forum. It may not give a list of options but it does underscore in red any mistakes which I think is better than a manual full version that few use.
Userlevel 7
Badge +36
This feature does currently exist alongside with the font, size, and color options.