Question

Text expander phrase expeess and fast keys not working when webroot is active on PC

• 27 February 2019
  • 5 replies

Badge +2
So It seemed like this was a problem in the past and continues to be a problem is there any update on when this will be corrected ?

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +25
If you're talking about the Mac version that disabled keyboard shortcuts, as far as I'm aware there hasn't been a fix. However, I stopped using the Mac version awhile back because there were too many issues and it was more disruptive to my users than it was worth. At that time, there was a way to turn off the keyboard issue. I'm sorry I don't remember it, but support or someone else here might be able to tell you. Support also told me then, that there was nothing on the roadmap to fix the issue at that time. Things could have changed since then, but I doubt it.

If there isn't already a feature request for it, you might want to post one or maybe @LLiddell can make this thread one. If there's already one, vote it up so Webroot knows people want it. Post the link to the feature request here, and I'll vote on it. After all, I requested it 2-3 years ago.

Granted all that is if I'm understanding what you're asking about. If I'm wrong, you might want to post more detail for us to go off of.

Good Luck!
Userlevel 7
Badge +36
Moved this to the Got an Idea? section so we can review it with the Product team.
Userlevel 7
Badge +25
@Stormfire13 did I get this correct and is the move ok?
Badge +2
I am using this on a PC. And I am still having issues unless webroot is disabled.
Userlevel 7
Badge +25
Again, without more info, I'm taking a guess. Plus, I'm more on the business side of Webroot, not the home version. However, you might want to turn Webroot on and then turn each shield off one at a time to test and see if one is the specific problem. This will help narrow down where the problem is coming from. I find the Identity Shield causes issues, but that's my personal experience. After that, if you find that a specific shield is the issue, you can try changing the specific settings for that shield to narrow it down further.