New

The Webroot Forum Needs a Mac Expert

• 28 June 2019
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 7
The Webroot Forum and Beta Forum Needs a Mac Expert to help answer questions and solve problems on Apple computers. Sending Support Tickets in sometimes does not cut it when you get a canned reply from Support. Also when you ask a question and get conflicting answers from Support on the same ticket as it happen to me. Conflicting answers were about Webroot's Cloud Base and Journaling on a Mac.

About 2 years ago I posted this Idea for (1) a Mac Forum and (2) a Mac Expert for the forum.

https://community.webroot.com/got-an-idea-29/mac-forum-and-mac-expert-on-the-webroot-forum-271076

That idea is marked as "Complete". The idea is NOT COMPLETE. We have a Mac Forum BUT NOT a Mac Expert on the forum where he/she can answer questions to problems with Macs.

The Mac Expert could help in the Webroot Mac Forum, Beta Mac Forum and Business Mac Forum.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +55
Yes and make sure you Vote for it as well Dave! In the old thread I see a couple of Webroot Staffers! @MacDaddy385 @DocDerpacus

HTH!!!!!!
Userlevel 7
Both of those Staffers are MIA. Looking at their Profile, they haven't checked into the New Forum yet. Unbelievable. ☹
Userlevel 7
Badge +55
@ProTruckDriver I gave up a long time ago when Wanderingbug left Webroot to ever have an involved Mac employee😥 to help all of us.

PVaddi does help us on the Beta when she can but it seems to me Webroot is understaffed and perhaps underpaid?

All the same its rough on here without a Mac Expert. Going to Webroot Support doesn't always know the dealings of the Webroot Mac issues and then your ticket gets escalated and one waits and waits for a solution. Very frustrating!
Userlevel 7
Badge +24
I hate to say this @ProTruckDriver, but there isn't a good Webroot Mac version nor an expert on it. This is why I discontinued using Webroot on Mac. Personally I hate Apple because of their practices and company policies. However, I have around 30 years experience using/managing the Mac OS. I started out using it as a kid and then when I got into my current position, I've been managing Macs for a graphics company for almost 20 years. In short, if I abandon a software designed for Mac, it's bad. Webroot for the PC is a good product, but the Mac version of Webroot is nothing but bugs. I'll take a virus over Webroot's Mac software. At least a virus I can figure out and destroy on my own. Sorry if this sounds harsh, but the truth often is.
Userlevel 7
Badge +24
FYI, I voted on the idea for you. I hope you find the resources you need. I worked with support for 2 years to solve problems with the software and got nowhere, so I know it's frustrating.

Good Luck!
Userlevel 7
I hate to say this @ProTruckDriver, but there isn't a good Webroot Mac version nor an expert on it. This is why I discontinued using Webroot on Mac. Personally I hate Apple because of their practices and company policies. However, I have around 30 years experience using/managing the Mac OS. I started out using it as a kid and then when I got into my current position, I've been managing Macs for a graphics company for almost 20 years. In short, if I abandon a software designed for Mac, it's bad. Webroot for the PC is a good product, but the Mac version of Webroot is nothing but bugs. I'll take a virus over Webroot's Mac software. At least a virus I can figure out and destroy on my own. Sorry if this sounds harsh, but the truth often is.

Yes I agree. I also discontinued using Webroot Release and Beta on Mac. When Devin @Wanderingbug was working at Webroot, Webroot and Mac computer worked together nicely. I believe Devin even did a remote on @Ssherjj computer, correct me if I'm wrong Sherry. He fixed the problem. I've been using Webroot's products since 2004 (Spy Sweeper) and WSA from the time it was launched. It may be time to look for a different Mac computer security because I believe the Mac users are fed up with it, sorry to say. ☹
Userlevel 7
Badge +24
In the graphics industry, and I'm sure plenty of others, we use a lot of keyboard shortcuts. Webroot blocked all these shortcuts. There was a way to turn it off, but the user had to turn it off daily. Do you think my users want to go through that when they have a pile of work to get through.

The Mac version at that time only appeared in the business console. It gave you no information other than the version number. You couldn't mange it in any way, i.e. groups, policies, overrides, etc. As an admin this helps me how? Full disclosure, it's my understanding this has improved somewhat since I dropped the Mac version.

Webroot wouldn't remember the keycode for longer than a month. Once it forgot, it just stopped working and it's not like my users are going to tell me. Since the Mac version wasn't tied into the business console properly, I was none the wiser, unless I happened across the Mac and noticed. When I realized it was doing this, Webroot Support was rude and unhelpful. Their best solution was to uninstall and reinstall. First, uninstalling on the Mac is a pain. Second, they actually wanted me to do this monthly and pay for their product.

These are three of the problems that I can remember. However, the Webroot Mac software is nothing but a time bomb as far as I'm concerned. I'm all for the PC version, but the Mac needs a complete overhaul!