Complete

Webroot toolbar improvement

Userlevel 3
Badge +13
Hi,
I feel one area which could be improved in Webroot software would be the toolbar, it seems too dry and almost non functional (only one grey webroot icon displaying).
I would suggest showing for each web site visited a color coded icon in the toolbar regarding the safety of the same (i.e. green for safe, yellow for caution, red for know malicious sites, etc.)
This helps to more easily identify potential risks while surfing the internet.

10 replies

Userlevel 7
I second this idea. Any coloured distinction of visited sites would be nice.
Userlevel 7
This is a good idea. I certainly would support this, and gave it a big old Kudos.
Userlevel 7
Something we plan to do in the future is provide a deeper integration in the WSA agent with our subsidiary link-checking service, Brightcloud. Once that occurs, it is possible this idea can be revisited for the specific purpose of doing something more with the toolbar in the requested way.

However, the Web Threat Shield doesn't need the toolbar at all to protect you. The toolbar available in the Internet Security Plus and Complete versions of the program is used only for Password Management. The Web Threat Shield operates in the background, with no need for a toolbar.

That said, we also have exactly what you're looking for, available for free from Brightcloud. Please try out the Webroot Reputation Toolbar and let us know what you think. :)

Also, the W is grey in your toolbar because you haven't yet signed in. If you sign in, it would turn green, and it provides a whole host of options for password management when you click on it.
Userlevel 7
I learn something new every day... Thank you Jim for providing Today's new item learned.  I will check that Webroot Reputation Toolbar out!
Userlevel 7
You're welcome David!  This is another one of those lesser known but pretty cool features.  Plus it's free!  ;) 
Userlevel 2
Sounds good. :) 
Userlevel 7
Badge +55
Thanks Jim! Joe did say the Web Threat Sheild will be completely redesigned and use more of the Brightcloud features intergrated in the 2014 product line! ;)

Daniel
Userlevel 2
Now we just have to wait in anticipation for the 2014 beta release haha, really excited now. 🙂
Userlevel 7
Thanks Jim for the pointing to the Reputation Toolbar. Unfortunatelly, Opera users are again kept aside this neat thing :(
Userlevel 3
Badge +13
Thank you for your prompt reply Jim.

Unfortunately I use IE 10 and the only available downloads are for chrome or firefox.

I'll standy by for the upcoming 2014 security products from Webroot then.