Under Review

Window Washer for Windows 7

Hi,

I am new on here.  I used "Window Washer" on my XP computer for several years and really liked it. I upgraded to Win 7 and was disappointed to find that "Window Washer" was no longer available as a stand alone product. I am happy with my current antivirus suite and really do not want to change just to get the window washing tools.  I understand that they bundled them with their "Secure Anywhere Complete" suite in order to boost sales. I would gladly pay the upgrade price if the window washing tools could be installed separate from the antivirus tools. Webroot gets their money and I get my window washing tools....seems like a "win-win" to me.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +55
Have a look here as it's been mentioned already and please Kudo that one and I don't think they going to come out with a standalone Windows Washer again as you will see. 😞 http://community.webroot.com/t5/Ideas-Exchange/Please-bring-back-Window-Washer/idi-p/4781#.Ucsb7G2DkWU

Thanks,

TH  😉

Thank you for the link, It explained a lot...and I did "Kudo" it.. Since WSA plays nicely with my Norton 360, I will go ahead and order a copy. I still have not found anything that had the ease of use and worked as well as "Window Washer". Although I never went beyond 3 levels of cleaning on my XP machine, I do understand your concern for SSD drives. However, the old hard drives will be around for some time to come. It would be nice if WSA could detect the type of drive and "clean" accordingly. 

Thanks again!!!

window washer is the best
i had window washer in my computer but lost it wheni got a virus, without windowwashermy computerwill run so slow, please let mere download so my computerwill run well, window washeris the best computer cleaner i have ever had, my computer will not run well without window washer, it is the best.
Userlevel 7
I am afraid that as noted in the thread referenced in Triple Heix's comment above it looks very likely that Window Washer is no more and will not be revived.  That is the reality of the situation.

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept or continue browsing you agree to our cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings