85 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +55
Any news on this will be happening? @

Thanks,

Daniel
Userlevel 7
Badge +31
Agent side or by using policies? I've just created a folder exclusion in GSM so I want to make sure which end we are referring toJonathan
Userlevel 7
Badge +55
For the Consumer Client as it was supposed to be added a long time ago from what I have heard.
Userlevel 7
Badge +55
Agent side or by using policies? I've just created a folder exclusion in GSM so I want to make sure which end we are referring toJonathanFor the Consumer Client as it was supposed to be added a long time ago from what I have heard.

Bump @JGiffard @PVaddi @BradW any news or is this ever going to happen for the Consumer version?

Thanks,
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
This is something that we are looking into and want to implement, however it is not currently on our near term roadmap. We will move this into the In progress state when we have a more clear timeline.

Thanks
Pawani
Userlevel 7
Badge +55
This is something that we are looking into and want to implement, however it is not currently on our near term roadmap. We will move this into the In progress state when we have a more clear timeline.

Thanks
Pawani

@PVaddi I hope you know this is a 6 year old request; and with all do respect it's either going to be in there or not? So do we wait another 6 years or either close this Idea if it's not going to happen please!

Thanks,
this is a 6 year old request
Correction: almost 7 years. So another 7 will make it 14 years 😆
Userlevel 7

this is a 6 year old requestCorrection: almost 7 years. So another 7 will make it 14 years 😆

I Hope I see it maybe by my next birthday. LOL

Badge
Given the saturation and obvious push from Webroot management to get a foothold in the MSP space, one might assume that the flagship security offering would allow us to gain access to at least a subset of the granular management features available. I'm quite certain that I'm not the only professional that would appreciate having only one interface to learn between home and work as we manage our personal machines.
Even if it means detailing out a non-gui method of passing directory wildcards to the Secure Anywhere engine I suspect advanced users would still appreciate the ability to make use of the full power of Webroot while being as productive on their "off duty" machines as they are at work.
In my case, where I am using WSL linux to run accepted security programs such as Metasploit, simply going file by file is both time-consuming and tedious. As a support professional I routinely grab tools that are either meant to be run as "one-offs" or are specialized enough that they trigger routine scans. (You tend to get used to that) Having the ability to whitelist a directory allows me to safely work on projects without constantly fighting the installed antivirus.
Badge
another corporate user getting ready to abandon ship on webroot because this simple feature is not available... going to cost you thousands of licenses..