Under Review

WSA Client based link to the Webroot File Submission site

Userlevel 7
The Webroot File Submission site (http://snup.webrootcloudav.com/SkyStoreFileUploader/upload.aspx#md5) is an excellent yest little known of/remembered resource and as such is very much under utilised as far as I know.

To allow better access to it I would like to suggest that a link to the site is added to the WSA local client; either as a button under the 'Support/Community' tab or the 'Utilities' tab, so that in much the same way as the 'Support' button takes the user to the site directly to open a support ticket, so this would take the user to the File submission site and give them immediate access to:

1. File submission
2. MD5 Hash lookups
3. URL Reputation lookups

As such it should not add very much in terms of additional code to the installer and would provide further useful tools for the user to readily use.

Baldrick

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +55
Thank you Baldrick! I totally agree that this  idea! I would like to see this Webroot File Submission as well where it will be most ultilzed.
Userlevel 1
Thank you Baldrick!  I totally agree as well! 
Userlevel 7
Badge +55
It's already in the Client as it sends you to that Website but never post the link in public from the UI as it has personal info included to you!!!!!!

Using the link here has no personal info: http://snup.webrootcloudav.com/SkyStoreFileUploader/upload.aspx

Userlevel 7
Badge +25
?  Daniel can this link be used to send files for troubleshooting to support,?  Currently, if you have a particular problem(s) and you want to send file(s) to support for more information, you can't.  Please advise.  Thanks you

Using the link here has no personal info: http://snup.webrootcloudav.com/SkyStoreFileUploader/upload.aspx

Always,
Userlevel 7
Badge +25
? why not add the link to a browser i.e., chrome (bookmark bar)???

?
?

Julie 
Userlevel 7
Badge +55
? absolutely not it's only to upload files to Webroot and if you use it from the UI it's gives it some personal information associated to the user! If you need support only here: Webroot Customer Service

Check to see for yourself from the UI.......and look in the address line when it opens your browser.
Userlevel 7
Badge +25

?  Webroot Customer Service I've used that before but it doesn't have the capability to upload a file if support staff are trying to resolve your issue?

Julie
Userlevel 7
Badge +55
Webroot doesn't need the file in most cases just the MD5 Hash and if they do need it they have a tool for a user to download and it will upload files to support again if need be. Look at your scan log and you will see all the info in a simple scan log!

Daniel 😉
Userlevel 7
Badge +25
Hi, Daniel good to know about the support tool for the user to download.  I'm talking about note[ad, word documents.

Always,
Userlevel 7
Badge +55
Those files are not malicious but they run a script to download the payload so WSA only looks for the malicious content they try to download! Again in most cases users should just delete the emails with those type of attachments from people they don't know.

Security should be a way of life and not depended on security software alone. In all these years I have never became infected unless done on purpose. LOL

Daniel 😉
Userlevel 7
Badge +35
Hey @, we're not able to implement this at the moment, however we can create a KB article to bring more attention to it.