Under Review

WSA update

Userlevel 6
Hello
I think that it would be useful to receive an Email informing us that a new version of WSA is released and explaining what are the novelties with this program update.

12 replies

Userlevel 7
I think that's a good idea. No good for me because I get the news and more from here in the Community. But it would be useful nevertheless.
Userlevel 7
Badge +55
Hi Robert,

That would be allot of unnecessary emails, at times WSA updates often and if a user changed email address they wouldn't get it anyway the best thing I can suggest is just keep an eye on this Forum. http://community.webroot.com/t5/Release-Notes/bd-p/ReleaseNotesWSA#.Ub29d5zNkbI

Cheers,

Daniel
Userlevel 6
Yes but the morning I like to read my Emails on my Iphone, drinking a strong espresso, without opening my PC ; and surfing on Internet with an Iphone is not very very nice:@
There's also the possibility of a free subscription at these type of newsletters for those who want.
Userlevel 7
Badge +55
I haven't seen any for updates just from the forum with information at times on the latest news. But we will see what the staff says about updates!! I kudoed it!

Daniel
Userlevel 7
I am going to Kudo this as far as making it a opt-in option.  I don't think I really want the emails myself as I prefer reading it on the release notes that are posted, but I recognize that others may prefer to have an option of getting it by email.

🙂
Userlevel 7
If you subscribe to the Release Notes forum, you will receive an email that alerts you of a new update as soon as it is posted. To subscribe to the forum, visit it, click Options, and click Subscribe. 🙂
Userlevel 7
Cool tip Jim, thanks!
Userlevel 6
Hi Jim
Thanks for the tip:D
Userlevel 7
What about WSA users not member of this Community or members who visit the Community rarely and do not know about the tip?
Userlevel 6
Hi Amit
You're right !
That's exactly what I thought.
Userlevel 5
Most people prefer an opt-in approach to an opt-out approach.

The Business editions have notifications, maybe something along those lines can be used for people to opt-in to receiving these updates and possibly other email notifications as well.
Userlevel 6
Hi Jim
As you suggested me I registred to receive a notification when there is a new update release, but this tip didn't run because I didn't receive any notification for the 8.0.2.155 release:(