Console Update 2/15/13

• 16 February 2013
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 7
  • Retired Webrooter
  • 1581 replies
There will be official release notes forthcoming, but here is a quick overview for now:

1. When you add a keycode to a console, you will be prompted to set permissions if the console recognizes it's necessary:

2. Agent Commands
You now have access to all of the following commands:

3. There is a history of commands available as well.

4. The deactivate screen looks a little different.

Commands, in general, will not cause the action to occur immediately.  They will trigger the next time the agent checks in.  You can run a scan from the computer the agent is installed on in order to force the agent to check in.

What do you think of the new features?

6 replies

Userlevel 7
It looks pretty good... I do think I will like it.  
Userlevel 7
That looks good! I am very glad to see those improvements in the interface.

BTW - I hate cartoonish looking portals, but can Webroot add a little bit of color to the console?
Userlevel 7
I Love the new features. I could shut down my wifes computer now every time she goes on Facebook and blame it on Facebook. 😃
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
I Love the new features. I could shut down my wifes computer now every time she goes on Facebook and blame it on Facebook. :D
I am SO glad that I am not the only one who was thinking that...... 
Userlevel 7
Thanks Jim for giving us a chance to sniff the new graphic of the console and extended features.

As for myself, I love them all. I can't wait to play with commands. Well done!
Userlevel 7
I am going to love this, while my wife might not: she never runs system cleaner on our shared computer.  When i run it, it clears my cache and temps but not hers.

Want to guess what remote command i am going to use Monday from work?

😃