PC - Release Notes - 8.0.4.42

Userlevel 7
Badge +35
  • Administrator
  • 1551 replies
http://sw.nohold.net/Webroot/Images/wsa_title_image.png

Version 8.0.4.42 (Released December 3rd, 2013)
Fixed
  • Updating the language file.
  • Password management support in Internet Explorer 11.
  • Executing new agent commands sent from Management Console.
Improved
  • CPU usage is reduced during scans.
  • Registry reading performance when under high contention.
  • Detection of script viruses.
  • Speed of uninstallation.
Implemented
  • Automatic cleanup of old rollback data.
  • Days remaining under My Account are hidden when the keycode is hidden.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
I always like detail about what you're working on improving! Thanks. We definitely like the fact that the client is always improving.

I should have come up with that hiding the subscription time idea :(
Userlevel 7
Badge +55
Thanks Anna!

Daniel
Userlevel 7
Badge +48
Thank you Anna.
Userlevel 7
Thank you Anna! 😃
Userlevel 7
Hi Anna

Super! Perfect! Spot on! Cheers! :D

Regards, Balders
Userlevel 1
My CPU usage is still way too high, not only during scans, but afterwards, until WRSA is restarted. A "when idle" scan finished about 15 minutes ago, and the parent WRSA.exe process is consuming 70%+ CPU. I never had these problems until the recent 8.0 versions appeared. I thought I had worked around this problem in 8.0.4.27 by setting the "Favor low CPU usage over fast scanning" option, but now with 8.0.4.42 scans cause a problem again.

When I shutdown WRSA and relaunch it, CPU usage is less than 1%. However, it does not inform the WIndows 7 Action Center that it's been turned back on and I see the Action Center warning flag in my tray until I reboot.

It's now to the point where I have to disable scans on this machine. It's clear from the release notes from the last two releases that Webroot is aware of CPU issues with scanning. I hope Webroot will escalate its efforts.

Userlevel 7
Hi Eldan

At the risk of sounding trite, have you submitted a support ticket about this?  If not then please do so (Open a Support Ticket) so that Support can investigate your issue.  If you have but have not had a response, etc., then post back and we will try to forward this for you.

What you are highlighting is unusual to say the least...at least in my experience.

Regards

Baldrick

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept or continue browsing you agree to our cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings