PC - Release Notes - 8.0.4.42

• 4 December 2013
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +35
  • Retired Webrooter
  • 831 replies
http://sw.nohold.net/Webroot/Images/wsa_title_image.png

Version 8.0.4.42 (Released December 3rd, 2013)
Fixed
  • Updating the language file.
  • Password management support in Internet Explorer 11.
  • Executing new agent commands sent from Management Console.
Improved
  • CPU usage is reduced during scans.
  • Registry reading performance when under high contention.
  • Detection of script viruses.
  • Speed of uninstallation.
Implemented
  • Automatic cleanup of old rollback data.
  • Days remaining under My Account are hidden when the keycode is hidden.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6
I always like detail about what you're working on improving! Thanks. We definitely like the fact that the client is always improving.

I should have come up with that hiding the subscription time idea 😞
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Thanks Anna!

Daniel
Userlevel 7
Badge +54
Thank you Anna.
Userlevel 7
Thank you Anna! 😃
Userlevel 7
Hi Anna

Super! Perfect! Spot on! Cheers! :D

Regards, Balders
Userlevel 1
My CPU usage is still way too high, not only during scans, but afterwards, until WRSA is restarted. A "when idle" scan finished about 15 minutes ago, and the parent WRSA.exe process is consuming 70%+ CPU. I never had these problems until the recent 8.0 versions appeared. I thought I had worked around this problem in 8.0.4.27 by setting the "Favor low CPU usage over fast scanning" option, but now with 8.0.4.42 scans cause a problem again.

When I shutdown WRSA and relaunch it, CPU usage is less than 1%. However, it does not inform the WIndows 7 Action Center that it's been turned back on and I see the Action Center warning flag in my tray until I reboot.

It's now to the point where I have to disable scans on this machine. It's clear from the release notes from the last two releases that Webroot is aware of CPU issues with scanning. I hope Webroot will escalate its efforts.

Userlevel 7
Hi Eldan

At the risk of sounding trite, have you submitted a support ticket about this?  If not then please do so (Open a Support Ticket) so that Support can investigate your issue.  If you have but have not had a response, etc., then post back and we will try to forward this for you.

What you are highlighting is unusual to say the least...at least in my experience.

Regards

Baldrick