PC - Release Notes - 8.0.4.61

• 21 February 2014
  • 20 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
  • Retired Webrooter
  • 6752 replies

Version 8.0.4.61 (Released February 21st, 2014)
Fixed
  • Compatibility with Hyland Software applications.
  • Compatibility with some instances of Google Chrome.
  • Warning about some Citrix components  
Improved
  • Stability when analyzing system changes.
  • Text layout for some localized environments.
  • Proactive Cryptolocker blocking  

20 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Thanks Nic I posted the update on 2 other Security Forums! ;)

Daniel
Userlevel 7
Hi Nic

Thanks...well received here.

Would be really interested to know a bit more about the improvements to the "Proactive Cryptolocker blocking", as it is such a topical subject at present?

Many thanks in advance.

Regards

Baldrick
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
Hi Nic

Thanks...well received here.

Would be really interested to know a bit more about the "Proactive Cryptolocker blocking"?

Regards

Baldrick
We've been blocking Cryptolocker since the beginning, thanks to the ability to roll back changes.  I'll find out more details about what this improvement entails.
Userlevel 7
Much obliged Nic, as it is something that users do ask about and of course we point them at the journaling & rollback features but a little more info would be good if we could get it re. any other related features.

Regards

Baldrick
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
Much obliged Nic, as it is something that users do ask about and of course we point them at the journaling & rollback features but a little more info would be good if we could get it re. any other related features.

Regards

Baldrick
So apparently the exact details are part of our secret sauce that we can't share.  The general gist is that we've added an additional layer of protection to catch any changes that Cryptolocker tries to make.  Belt and suspenders 🙂
Userlevel 7
Hi Nic

Thanks...have to admit that this is what I was expecting but thanks for trying anyway. ;)

Regards

Solly

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Sure thing, anytime!
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ Gave a Web Cast this past Tuesday so that could supply more info! ;)

Userlevel 7
Hi Daniel

Excellent, thanks for sharing.  Some really insightful information...defintively one for the bookmark store.

Cheers

Baldrick
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
I've just downloaded this new version from my web console and installed it but it is showing the version number as 8.0.4.63, has it been updated again?
Userlevel 7
Hi Sheltieuk

Can confirm that .63 is out as mine has just updated to that level.  But I am running under the beta stream?  Are you?  If yo are not then I can only conclude that relelase & beta streams are currently paralleling re. version numbers.

But again, Yes, .63 now appears to be out and automatically installing.

Regards

Baldrick
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Hi, Baldrick, no I'm not running under the Beta stream.
Userlevel 7
Hi Sheltieuk

OK, thanks for the confirmation...looks like I am correct and that relelase & beta streams are currently paralleling re. version numbers.

So .63 seems to be the general release...and hopefully @ can do his usual good job and provide us with some release info shortly. ;)

From whatI can see the release is running well here...hope itis the same for you?

Regards

Baldrick
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Hi, Baldrick, Yes, it's running fine for me me as well.

regards

Sheltieuk
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Release notes have been posted for v8.0.4.63.

Daniel
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
So I was told that .63 was going out Friday night, but I'm not seeing the release notes on our site yet.  I'll check with the release notes folks to see what is up.  It sounds like .63 is what is currently downloading though, correct?
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Ok they got the official notes sorted out, and I posted on the business side.  Thanks for posting the consumer ones @ !
Userlevel 7
Badge +52
@ wrote:
 It sounds like .63 is what is currently downloading though, correct?
Downloading version -  8.0.4.63
http://upyourpic.org/images/201312/p9itscuugb.jpg
Userlevel 7
The reason for the releases coming quick and fast is updates for the many new variants of crypto that we are seeing. The dev team are doing a top job in pushing out these new builds! 
Userlevel 7
Hi Roy

Thanks for the heads up...and please pass on all our thanks to the Dev Team.  I am sure that I speak for all when I say it is very much appreicated.

Regards

Baldrick