PC - Release Notes - Version 8.0.2.147

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
http://sw.nohold.net/Webroot/Images/wsa_title_image.png

Version 8.0.2.147 (Released May 28th, 2013)
Fixed
  • Checking proxy settings when automatically installing on localized OS

30 replies

Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
http://sw.nohold.net/Webroot/Images/wsa_title_image.png

Version 8.0.2.147 (Released May 13th, 2013)
Fixed
  • Checking proxy settings when automatically installing on localized OS
Was this really released on 5-13, or is that when it was put out for Beta use?  
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Good question for a Webroot staff as it states here May 13, 2013 I seen someone say that .147 was out for release then I checked the link I provided above.

Daniel
Userlevel 7
I know I have reinstalled after that date... and it was at .145.  At least I am pretty sure I have.. 
Userlevel 7
Version 8.0.2.145 (Released May 15th, 2013)

I think maybe the 5-13 date is when .147 went Beta, but not sure.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Yea we will have to wait to see what is said about it even though it was a minor update.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
My research found this info so it just could be the wrong date.

Userlevel 7
The misprint has been corrected. Good catch guys. 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Thanks Jim I corrected the first post to reflect! ;)

Daniel
Userlevel 6
Hi
My current version is 145 (22 May 2013) ; is it necessary to do a manual update or did WSA-C update automatically ?
Userlevel 7
Hello Asklepios,

It is normal for it to take a few days before new releases are received by all users.  In this case I am not sure though... I think you probably should have already received the update to 8.0.2.147.  You can always uninstall and re-install using the download link below in my signature.  That will probably force you to the .147, but if you have changed settings away from the defaults you might want to wait a couple days as reinstalling will reset all settings to the defaults.
Userlevel 7
No need to do a clean reinstall unless you're experiencing some issues. Just simply download the installer and install over the existing version and all your settings will be preserved.
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
No need to do a clean reinstall unless you're experiencing some issues. Just simply download the installer and install over the existing version and all your settings will be preserved.
Very true, thanks Pegas!  (I tend to not re-install that way myself so I tend to forget that it will work just fine in most situations to do it that way.)  😃
Userlevel 6
Thanks !
But If I wait, it will update aumatically ?
Userlevel 7
It should but it can take a while. Don't wait and update manually straight away.
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
Thanks !
But If I wait, it will update aumatically ?
Usually it does, although it can take 3-5 days.  As long as the update has been out there might be something that is keeping yours from automatically updating as that does happen once in a while.
Userlevel 7
Yes all our users on WSA will get the upgrade. Please note that even if your on a earlier build the level of protection doesnt change. Version updates fix/add program features and dont have anything to do with updates to the cloud database.  Although technically speaking some updates to the way the client handles new infections may be in new updates but thats just a technicality 🙂
Userlevel 6
Thanks all :D
There's no emergency so I'll wait the automatic upgrade;)
Userlevel 6
Hello
I have the version 8.0.2.147 "french" today on my PCs without doing anything:D
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
Hello
I have the version 8.0.2.147 "french" toay on my PCs without doing anything:D
The last update I recieved I blinked and missed it.  I love how fast and easy it is 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
C'est super désolé il a fallu si longtemps, mais tu dois maintenant! 😉 C'est la façon dont il fonctionne et il met à jour en un clin d'oeil.

Daniel
Userlevel 6
Salut Daniel
I'm back at office and on my office PC the durrent version is 8.0.2.145:@

Userlevel 7
I told you already ... just install over the existing version and you're done. Maybe the in-built updater somehow strikes and needs to be pushed back to work. Manual update could revive it. :D
Userlevel 6
Hi pegas
Thanks!
I did the manual update and I got the 8.0.2.147 version:D
But I don't have the explanation of why this update was automatic at home and not at work ?
Userlevel 7
There are many possibilities that could interfere with the automatic updates including possible proxies at work. Your best bet would be to Open a Support Ticket where our technicians have a log gathering tool to investigate these types of situations. This would also be helpful just in case the issue recurs. That way we would have a set of logs before the update and we could gather a new set after so that they can be compared.
Userlevel 6
Hello Mike
Thanks for your answer.
I'm not sure if you want a log even if I have done the update manually?