PC - Release Notes - Version 8.0.2.155

Userlevel 7

Version 8.0.2.155 (Released June 18th, 2013)
Improved
    [list]
  • Performance when installed alongside Citrix environments.
[/list] Added
    [list]
  • Central management for controlling System Cleaner settings and controls in the online management console.
  • Heuristics to detect a new AutoCAD virus.
[/list] Fixed
  • Compatibility issues with proxy settings during and after installation.
  • Incompatibility with ESET’s self-protection on Windows 8.
  • Processing detection configuration option when program launches.
  • EICAR is now submitted as an executable file to be displayed within the console.

30 replies

Userlevel 6
Hi
@ Thanks for the information! But as I write here:
http://community.webroot.com/t5/ideas/v2/ideapage/blog-id/Ideas/article-id/1495/page/2#comments ; I didn' received a notification by Email even if I have subscribed to this forum "Release Notes".
@ Hello Mike the same problem I have for 8.0.2.147 continues! Automatic update OK at home but no autopmatic update at office.
Userlevel 7
Asklepios, are you sure you're subscribed at the board level and not just to one of the posts in it? That might explain the lack of a notification. And of course, you'll want to make sure you check your junk mail. It's also possible you are subscribed via RSS rather than the other way.  Please also check your subscription settings.
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
Asklepios, are you sure you're subscribed at the board level and not just to one of the posts in it? That might explain the lack of a notification. And of course, you'll want to make sure you check your junk mail. It's also possible you are subscribed via RSS rather than the other way.  Please also check your subscription settings.
Here is a screen shot of how to Subscribe at Board level.  Go to the Release Notes main board, and next to New Message click Options and subscribe there.

Userlevel 6
Hi
Thanks David & Jim, I think that means that I'm registered to the notifications:

Userlevel 7
Is it set to weekly notifications in your subscription settings perhaps?

Userlevel 6
I don't if "immediate" and "default (immediate)" is th esame think?

Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
I don't if "immediate" and "default (immediate)" is th esame think?

They are supposed to be the same, but I recall a thread a few months ago about forum settings in which there was a problem resolved by simply changing it.  If yours is set to Default, change to Immediate.  If it is set for Immediate, change it to default.  While they are supposed to act the same, this might just fix it.
Userlevel 7
That setting should be fine.

I'm thinking the email notifications are getting blocked by your mail server as spam. It's working for others.
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
That setting should be fine.

I'm thinking the email notifications are getting blocked by your mail server as spam. It's working for others.
Jim, 

If I post a new message to test his notifications, can I delete it after so that it doen't "pollute" the Notes board?
Userlevel 7
That's going to result in everyone else subscribed getting a notification for what they will think is a new release, so I'd really prefer if you didn't. However, if you wanted to test the same functionality in one of the off-topic boards, that would be ok.
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
That's going to result in everyone else subscribed getting a notification for what they will think is a new release, so I'd really prefer if you didn't. However, if you wanted to test the same functionality in one of the off-topic boards, that would be ok.

Good point...   Asklepios can you subscribe to Non-Techie for a minute?  We can see if the changes you make are working that way.  You can unsubscribe afterwards.
Userlevel 6
yes!
Strange, now I receive more Email than posts!
Userlevel 6
just done
Userlevel 7
OK, sounds like I dont have to put a test post in Non-Techie for you!  As for more emails, you will get a notice for all posts and replies maybe... I am not sure.  I do not have notifications turned on myself due to that.  I tried the one a day update, but I read everything anyway so it didn't have anything new that I had not seen.

EDIT

I will say that I did not fully explore the settings to do something like notify me ONLY about topics on a specific board.  To reduce email volume, you want to change your settings to NOT automatically subscribe you to every thread you comment in.

/EDIT
Userlevel 6
@DavidP wrote:
OK, sounds like I dont have to put a test post in Non-Techie for you!  As for more emails, you will get a notice for all posts and replies maybe... I am not sure.  I do not have notifications turned on myself due to that.  I tried the one a day update, but I read everything anyway so it didn't have anything new that I had not seen.

EDIT

I will say that I did not fully explore the settings to do something like notify me ONLY about topics on a specific board.  To reduce email volume, you want to change your settings to NOT automatically subscribe you to every thread you comment in.

/EDIT

Hi David,
Thanks.
In fact the problem that occured was a bit different. I received a dozen of duplicate notifications for at least an hour.
Userlevel 6
@DavidP wrote:
@ wrote:
Good point...   Asklepios can you subscribe to Non-Techie for a minute?  We can see if the changes you make are working that way.  You can unsubscribe afterwards.
OK the test was conclusive and for greater security I have also changed the settings from "default" to "immediate".
Userlevel 6
@ wrote:
Hi
http://community.webroot.com/t5/ideas/v2/ideapage/blog-id/Ideas/article-id/1495/page/2#comments ; I didn' received a notification by Email even if I have subscribed to this forum "Release Notes".
@ Hello Mike the same problem I have for 8.0.2.147 continues! Automatic update OK at home but no autopmatic update at office.
Hi
@ Hello Mike, another think I don't understand is why it's impossible to update WSA-C manually when clicking on search update in the account bookmark? When I try to click, the answer is: "you are using the most recent program version"! I think it could be an interesting feature in the future.

Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
@ wrote:
Hi
Hi
@ Hello Mike, another think I don't understand is why it's impossible to update WSA-C manually when clicking on search update in the account bookmark? When I try to click, the answer is: "you are using the most recent program version"! I think it could be an interesting feature in the future.

Good morning Asklepios!

The button does actually work, in that if there is a newer version on the update server you use it will update your WSA.  The thing is that since WSA updates automatically, the button will only actually do anything if something went wrong and it fails to update correctly.

NOTE: It is normal to take up to 3-5 days from a new release before ALL update servers have the new version.  If you see release notes published, you might get the update right away, it might take a couple of days.  This is normal and is the method used by many AV vendors to avoid straining the systems and also to avoid having the entire user base downloading a 'bad patch' in the rare times something doesn't work right.
Userlevel 6
Hi David
Did you spent a great night?;)
  1. I questioned Mike because we already had a discussion about this issue here:http://community.webroot.com/t5/Release-Notes/PC-Release-Notes-Version-8-0-2-147/td-p/41696/page/3
  2. I understand well that all updates cannot be simultaneous but my office PC is online every day and it was not updated, yesterday I open my home PC (after 4 days withoutusing it) and it was immediately updated and today I open my laptop (after 30 days without using it) and also it was immediately updated so I think that there could be a problem.

Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
Hi David
Did you spent a great night?;)
  1. I questioned Mike because we already had a discussion about this issue here:http://community.webroot.com/t5/Release-Notes/PC-Release-Notes-Version-8-0-2-147/td-p/41696/page/3
  2. I understand well that all updates cannot be simultaneous but my office PC is online every day and it was not updated, yesterday I open my home PC (after 4 days withoutusing it) and it was immediately updated and today I open my laptop (after 30 days without using it) and also it was immediately updated so I think that there could be a problem.

Had a decent night.. could have been a lot better if I had gone to bed.   I fell to sleep at the computer on the sofa didn't get up until 530 this morning.  Not so good for my bad back LOL!

As for a possible problem, if the office PC has still not updated 5 days after a release, there might be something going on there.  I am going to send you a Private Message here in a minute 🙂
Userlevel 6
Hello
Back to office:(
I try to do this: I have unistalled WSA-C 8.0.2.147 and I have reinstalled it with "wsainstall.exe 8.0.2.147" and now my current version is 8.0.2.155:D
Userlevel 7
Badge +55
Hi Robert,

Yes that's right even if you have and older installer it does look for the latest and downloads it and installs another great thing that Webroot SecureAnywhere does! ;)

Daniel
Userlevel 7
If you run into a similar issue you can Open a Support Ticket and we will gather logs before and after the successful update. 

Thanks for the great information, David! ;)
Userlevel 4
Was there some kind of stealth update tonight? I just noticed there's now a "Status" under the Backup & Sync tab with a link to the web cosole.

I don't believe I saw it there a few hours ago. I didn't see any version incrementing, so I'm just curious how that just popped in there.
Userlevel 7
Badge +55
No it's still v8.0.2.155 maybe you didn't notice it before or they did something on the back end and turned on that feature as that has happen at times.

Daniel 😉

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept or continue browsing you agree to our cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings