PC - Release Notes - Version 8.0.2.174

• 27 August 2013
  • 26 replies

Userlevel 7
  • Retired Webrooter
  • 1581 replies

Version 8.0.2.174 (Released August 27th, 2013)
Improved
  • Stability on Windows 8.1
  • Compatibility with receiving network data on Windows 8
  • Compatibility with some foreign keystrokes
  • Compatibility with certain keyboard configurations
  • Compatibility with AuthenTec fingerprint sensors
Fixed
  • Disabling Novell authentication packages during malware cleanup
Added
  • Extended blocking of Shell registry changes to HKU keys

26 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6
Hi Jim, the NoStatistics key was introduced in https:///t5/Business-Discussions/Business-Release-Notes-Version-8-0-2-127/m-p/32010/highlight/true#M24. Was there an enhancement?https:///t5/Business-Discussions/Business-Release-Notes-Version-8-0-2-127/m-p/32010/highlight/true#M24

I'm such a Webroot nerd 😞
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Thanks Jim and posted at few other sites. ;)

Daniel
Userlevel 7
Explanoit, indeed that was a typo leftover from the old notes. 🙂 It's been edited out now.
Userlevel 7
Thanks Jim. Gonna wait for automatic update. 🙂
Userlevel 4
I believe a bug has been introduced with the new version. "Protection Statistics" comes up as an invisible window. This is on a Win 7 64bit machine.

Upon Clicking "Protection Statistics", nothing seems to happen, but if you move the mouse pointer to where the top right corner is, the "X" and "?" shows, but nothing else. See below.

I have tried unistalling, re-booting and re-installing. This does not fix the issue. The same issue appears if you click on "View Details" from the home screen.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Hi Gorg can you Please try a clean reinstall. Make sure you have a copy of your Keycode then download a fresh copy Here then Uninstall and Reboot and then install and enter your Keycode and let it finish it's install scan to see if that corrects the issue.

Thanks,

Daniel
Userlevel 4
Hey TripleHelix. Please see the bottom of my post above.

"have tried unistalling, re-booting and re-installing. This does not fix the issue. The same issue appears if you click on "View Details" from the home screen."
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Sorry my bad.

Daniel
Userlevel 4
It has to be something with the update. Because it was working fine yesterday on the last version.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Strange as I can see it doesn't look right at all.

Daniel

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ 

To Quote JoeJ the V.P of Development:

It's a known issue and will be fixed in the next update!

HTH,

Daniel

Userlevel 7
BUG  :)

I don't have the same as Gorg.. When I click View on the Protection Stats area, WSA-C fully crashes out.  The program instantly fully closes and restarts.  For a few moments I see two instances of it down in the systray.  As it is coming back up, the short startup splash down by the systray appears just as if the computer had just been logged into.

EDIT

Windows 7 Ultimate, SP 1, 32 bit. WSA-C 8.0.2.174

/EDIT
Userlevel 4
SEE! I'M NOT CRAZY! I'M NOT! REALLY!
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
SEE! I'M NOT CRAZY! I'M NOT! REALLY!
Not this time.

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Update:

To Quote JoeJ the V.P of Development:

Thanks - this will be fixed in the next update. It's due to a change in this area coming for the 2014 product. I suggest just not using the Protection Statistics feature for now until the next build comes out. 

Daniel
Userlevel 4
Imminent release of the 2014 version CONFIRMED!
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
I think a little more time but it does make it exciting! 

LOL

Daniel 😃
Userlevel 7
Well, all I know for sure about 2014 is that I am looking forward to getting my hands on it and taking it for a spin. 🙂 I still consider myself new to Webroot, and the new improvements that have been hinted at sound great!
Userlevel 7
Extended blocking of Shell registry changes to HKU keys

Been waiting for that one for a while, its the most important update from my point of view in a very long time.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6
Can you expand more on this?
Userlevel 7
It's quite useful in stopping certain variants of the recent FBI ransomware infection. 😉
Userlevel 7
Badge +36
Using 8.0.3.3 now! Still no release notes though!
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
Using 8.0.3.3 now! Still no release notes though!
You can see them here once available.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
I wonder why the change in number 8.0.3... is for the Mac version for 2013?

Daniel
Userlevel 7
You guys are keeping me on my toes this morning!  ;)  New release notes are up.