PC - Release Notes - Version 8.0.2.79

• 14 December 2012
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 7
  • Retired Webrooter
  • 1581 replies

Version 8.0.2.79 (Released December 13th, 2012)
Added
  • Additional logic to address Zero Day threats
  • Further CAPTCHA logic
  • Tray icon right-click option to Control Active Processes (Consumer edition only)
Improved
  • Backup & Sync functionality
  • Filename normalization
  • Handling of active threats
  • Handling of applications running from servers
  • Handling of DLL scanning on network shares
  • Identity Shield functionality
  • Installation functionality
  • Protection against information stealing threats
  • Protection against malicious BHOs injected into the browser
  • Recycle Bin name resolving
  • Scan functionality 
Fixed
  • Login issue on Windows 8 systems
  • Firefox support in Windows 8 with Identity Shield
  • Handling user account switching
  • Update handling
Other Changes
  • Changed Identity Shield padlock to green [img]http://sw.nohold.net/Webroot/Images/wsa_icon_lock.png[/img] Webroot now protects HTTP sites as well as HTTPS
  • Minor UI changes
The new release notes are available! Most notably, the Windows 8 login issue has been fixed. 🙂

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +13
Runs really well for the most part.Only 1 tiny issue here,and it's not much of an issue as i do not perform the function that often.I tried a clean install to see if it changed anything,but it did not.
issue:right click a file or folder and scan with Webroot does not work.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Also it shows you the product name under My Account now! ;)

TH

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
Runs really well for the most part.Only 1 tiny issue here,and it's not much of an issue as i do not perform the function that often.I tried a clean install to see if it changed anything,but it did not.
issue:right click a file or folder and scan with Webroot does not work.
Works fine here on Win 7 x64.

TH
Userlevel 7
Badge +13
I did contact support about my small,rather non-issue.I don't really use the functionon a consistent basis,but someone else on win8proX64 might.Will be sure to pass along whatever i learn.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
No that's good as I consider Win 8 still a very new OS and there will be more problems with it and it will be nice to get them fixed and also Microsoft and there Monthly Windows Updates could cause more conflicts! ;)

TH
Userlevel 7
Badge +13
I can confirm the right click and scan with Webroot issue is still present in build 8.0.2.85 on windows 8prox64.notified support
Userlevel 7
Badge +13
Here is the corresponding thread in the Wilder's forums should anyone from Webroot wish to follow it:

Wilder's 8.0.2.79 thread