Product Update: PC Agent Version 9.0.24.49


Userlevel 7
Badge +33


11 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +9
Thanks.
Just checked, I am on 9.0.24.49
What has changed?
Userlevel 7
Badge +33
Looks like there were some bug fixes.
Userlevel 6
Badge +19
None of my Endpoints have upgraded yet. More than half of them are still stuck on the corrupt 9.0.24.37 version. This is why I suggested that there needed to be a way to push out updates from the console.

https://community.webroot.com/submit-a-business-feature-request-30/agent-version-push-command-336597

Any idea when I'll see this on my Endpoints and what the bug fixes were?
Userlevel 6
Badge +16
Manually downloaded and works perfect, thanks so much for the heads up!
Userlevel 6
Badge +29
As per the release notice, the deployment is staged across our customer base rather than in one big go. At the moment, we've release to a small set of customers and will be expanding over the next few weeks. From next week, you will be able to use updated version with new installations and, if you wish, you can run the installer on existing devices to update them.

Regards

Jonathan
Badge
So we have some endpoints still on 9.0.21.18 (80 some)
Any way to push out a newer update to those machines? we do have some machines on 9.0.24.37 (30 some)
Userlevel 6
Badge +19
I'm sorry, but I have to point out that Webroot's handling of this latest issue has been very unprofessional. I'm a business customer and I expect a vendor not to be perfect, but to handle a situation where they aren't perfect with a certain level of professionalism. Hopefully pointing out the issues that I noticed, will help you handle such issues in the future at least somewhat better.

  1. As far as I'm aware there was no transparency of an issue with the 9.0.24.37 version. You didn't make an announcement that there was an issue and offer solutions to fix it, unless someone contacted support and reported an issue. This is how I found out about the issue.
  2. Even though I found out about the issue through support, no solution was given. I was simply told that if the problems caused by the bugs in the version came up, I would have to wait 1-4 weeks for the next version that you were working on.
  3. Knowing that the version was bad, you'd think it would have been pulled from the downloads and the previous version put in its place. This was not the case, I still could only download the latest, corrupt, version.
  4. I understand the need for a staged rollout. However, knowing that numerous customers have a corrupt version of your software installed it stands to reason that you'd start with them. Get them off the corrupt version and onto a stable version.
  5. It also stands to reason that knowing customers have a corrupt version installed, you'd go ahead update the download. This would allow customers to update their corrupt endpoints faster if needed. Ultimately, I still think this functionality needs to be built into the console as I posted above. However, that's an upgrade, the ability to at least download the latest version is just expected when you're paying for a software.
I'm sorry if you find this harsh, but these are honestly just business best practices. My first point about transparency is a major these days. Most businesses are basing their decision at least somewhat on whether a company has good transparency practices. I'm pointing all this out, not to hurt you, but to help you. I want to see you exceed. However, when issues like this happen, it's difficult to justify the decision to continue using and suggesting a vendor.
NicCrockett wrote:

...It also stands to reason that knowing customers have a corrupt version installed, you'd go ahead update the download. This would allow customers to update their corrupt endpoints faster if needed.


Nic, I'm a bit confused by your statement.

You are a business customer.

However you are posting to the Home User Forum. You are posting to a thread regarding the latest Home User update.

So anyway, although I am a Beta tester, I downloaded the Home User installer file and checked its properties, and I found this:


This is the latest version ("Version du fichier 9.0.24.49").

You've got me confused here.

Are you perhaps posting in the wrong (Home User) thread?
Badge
wildcanadian15 wrote:

So we have some endpoints still on 9.0.21.18 (80 some)
Any way to push out a newer update to those machines? we do have some machines on 9.0.24.37 (30 some)


sorry i just noticed i posted in Home, not business. My apologies!!
Userlevel 6
Badge +19
My apologies, I didn't realize this was specific to the home user forum. I just saw @LLiddell's post about a new release and I had been waiting for it. However, the statements I made should still be heard by Webroot. Especially if they still haven't released a stable version to the business users.
Thanks for the clarification, Nic ☺

Reply

    Cookie policy

    We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept or continue browsing you agree to our cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

    Accept cookies Cookie settings