We have identified why this is happening and will be updating Webroot shortly. In the meantime, if this causes you any problems there is a temporary fix to help you out.
The Fix – With Webroot administrator rights you need to:
- Open Webroot SecureAnywhere by double clicking on the Webroot icon on the bottom right hand corner of your screen. Or, if it is not visible, click on the ^ symbol to reveal hidden icons.
- Double click the icon to open up Webroot
- Then, click on the Advanced Settings button on the top right corner of the Webroot window that appears
- Click on ‘Shields’ on the left side of the options window
- Remove the check mark next to “Check files for threats when written or modified”
- Click the Save button at the bottom of the options window and enter the captcha code when prompted
- Then, restart (reboot) your PC
- Only Windows 10 PCs with the Fall Creators Update installed are impacted
- The issue does not affect all Windows 10 PCs with the Fall Creators update installed
- The next automatic agent update will also clear this bug