Knowledge Base

How do I activate a new keycode in the program?

• 22 March 2018
  • 0 replies
Userlevel 7
Badge +48
  • Community and Advocacy Manager
  • 1431 replies

Question

Answer

If you already have Webroot SecureAnywhere installed, you can follow these steps to apply a keycode to the existing installation:
For Windows PC: 
  • Open SecureAnywhere and click My Account.
  • On the Account screen, look at the righthand side of the screen.
  • Under the Activate a new keycode heading, enter your keycode in the field provided and click Activate.

For Mac: 
  • Open the SecureAnywhere interface (click the Webroot icon in the menu bar, then select Open Webroot SecureAnywhere from the drop-down menu).
  • From the main window, click My Account.
  • In the My Account window, click Activate a New Keycode.
  • Enter the new keycode and click Activate.

Note: If you receive an error message when trying to activate a new keycode, be sure that you have entered the keycode properly. The characters i/1o/0s/5b/8 and others are often confused when typing the code in manually. 

When installing from an email, you can copy and paste the keycode directly into the installer. To copy and paste your keycode, highlight the full keycode with your mouse, right-click the selection, and select Copy from the context menu (alternately press Ctrl+C for PC or Command+C for Mac on your keyboard). When prompted for the keycode, place your cursor in the keycode entry box, right-click, and select Paste from the context menu (alternately Ctrl+V for PC or Command+V for MAC).

This topic has been closed for comments