Once DNS Protection has been enabled at the account and site levels (if using a multi-site console) and the DNS Protection settings have been configured in the Webroot Management console, the agent software can be deployed. Single site consoles will have DNS Protection enabled at the time of purchase.
More information on configuring the Webroot Management console is available in the User Guide.
To deploy (or remove) the Webroot DNS Protection agent:
Installation and removal of the DNS Protection agent is controlled by a policy setting in the Endpoint policy. Once the setting is enabled, the DNS Protection agent will be installed. Here are the steps involved:
1. Log in to the Webroot Management console and click the Policies tab.
2. Create a new policy or modify an existing one.
3. From the Policy Section drop-down menu, select DNS Protection, which will be at the bottom of the list.
- To install the DNS Protection agent, select On.
- To remove the DNS Protection agent, select Off.
5. Apply the DNS enabled policy to the endpoint(s) where the DNS Protection agent should be installed.
6. The updated policy will be picked up by the endpoint(s) during the polling interval set for the policy.
- You can force a poll by right clicking on the Webroot icon in the system tray and selecting Refresh Configuration.
- More information on polling is available in the User Guide.