Unexpected installation of the Webroot DNS Protection agent
If the Webroot DNS Protection agent is being installed to endpoints where it should not be, the Endpoint policy applied to those endpoints has DNS Protection enabled, when it shouldn't. Modifying the Endpoint policy assigned to these endpoints and disabling DNS Protection will result in the removal of the DNS Protection agent, upon the next check-in by the endpoints.
To stop unexpected installation of the DNS Protection agent:
1. Log into the Webroot Management console and identify the Endpoint policy applied to the endpoints.
- To do this for multi-site consoles, switch into the Site, then use the Group Management screen to find the endpoint and policy.
- To do this for single site consoles, use the Group Management screen to find the endpoint and policy.
3. Modify the assigned Endpoint policy, under the DNS Protection policy section, set the Install DNS Protection setting to Off.
4. As endpoints check in during the defined polling interval, they will receive the updated policy settings and the DNS Protection agent will be removed.
- Click here for more information on polling intervals, including how to force immediate check-in and how to modify the polling interval.