Lollipop and Mobile protection issue.

i've been seeing issues where users will update to Lollipop and then the mobile protection will saturate 50% or more of battery time. The solution ended up being to uninstall the version of mobile client and update to the newer 3.6 and battery usage returns to normal. My question is: why isnt the client updating? or at least a warning that the client needs updating before installing Lollipop.

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Good to know - glad it was an isolated issue!
i have 2 more phones that have the 3.3.0.5571 version of the software. I t appears that most all of the other phones have updated to 3.6.0.xxxx version. i am assuming that the others have gotten an update somehow. and that the problem will alleviate itself.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Ok I found out that this isn't an issue that we've seen yet, so would you mind contacting support so that they can open a ticket and get this escalated?
not sure about that. but i have had 2 more requests for battery drainage with Webroot 5571 being the version of cause.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
You must be one of the first folks to get the update
Dont know. These are all Verizon phones and you have 2 choices "Install" or "Install Later". If you select install later you get a clock to set time. If you exit out of any of it, the request will just come back within 24 hrs. I'd say Verizon is not giving you any choices..
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Also is this the official Lollipop release, or are you on a pre-release beta?
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Ok cool that helps.
i will go ahead and mention manufacturers name. All instances have been on Samsung S4 and one HTC One M8
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Let me see if we can replicate that one here and get a bug entered if so.