Carbonite-Webroot about to be bought by a private equity buyer?

• 10 September 2019
  • 17 replies

See article.

17 replies

Userlevel 7

Wow guys I wish I would of met Joe!Me too.

You will find many posts of his in Archive of Prevx Support Forum at WildersSecurity*. He's so simple and concise in everything he says. And so nice and gracious in the way he says it. And he seemed miraculously to have a limitless amount of time to make himself available to us.

*His username is PrevxHelp

Yep, that was Joe. I don't believe he ever slept. LOL Answering questions and helping on the forum all times of day and night. I believe Joe had the Patience like Job in the Bible, you could never get him mad. Always answering in kind words. ☺️
Userlevel 7
Badge +62

Wow guys I wish I would of met Joe!Me too.

You will find many posts of his in Archive of Prevx Support Forum at WildersSecurity*. He's so simple and concise in everything he says. And so nice and gracious in the way he says it. And he seemed miraculously to have a limitless amount of time to make himself available to us.

Thank you Muddy!
Wow guys I wish I would of met Joe!
Me too.

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Wow guys I wish I would of met Joe! He sounds like a superman with the language of computers. How incredibly awesome and he's well liked by all of you.😊
My oh my @Muddy7 that's a heck of alot of patents! He must be a genius!😁
That's putting it mildly, Sherry. In a word, Joe conceived and created Prevx>Webroot SecureAnywhere. If I understand correctly...
Userlevel 7
Badge +63
My oh my @Muddy7 that's a heck of allot of patents! He must be a genius!😁
@ProTruckDriver I couldn't read or understand those patents either

He is believe me!
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
My oh my @Muddy7 that's a heck of alot of patents! He must be a genius!😁

@ProTruckDriver I couldn't read or understand those patents either
Userlevel 7

And just try reading the abstract for any one of those patents. The language is completely beyond and above my feeble mind to comprehend!

I'm lost just trying to read all of the patents. Looks like another language I don't understand. ROFL.
Userlevel 7
Badge +63

Bring back Joe and Mel Morris!I don't know, where is Joe? Is he still with Webroot?
Daniel told me that Joe is on some sort of secret project 🤓 that he was invited to—an offer he apparently said he couldn't refuse or words to that effect—but he is still on contract to Webroot for occasional missions and projects.

My theory is that Mel Morris is tied up in some way with this "secret project" 🕶️.

Look at all the patents he has filed in the US: https://patents.justia.com/inventor/joseph-jaroch. Also, a lot of them, particularly on page 2, have been done in partnership with Mel Morris. The assignee/applicant for all of those was Webroot.

And just try reading the abstract for any one of those patents. The language is completely beyond and above my feeble mind to comprehend!

Allot of names I remember from the Prevx days! Thanks!

Bring back Joe and Mel Morris!I don't know, where is Joe? Is he still with Webroot?

Daniel told me that Joe is on some sort of secret project 🤓 that he was invited to—apparently an offer he said he couldn't refuse or words to that effect—but he is still on contract to Webroot for occasional missions and projects.

My theory is that Mel Morris is tied up in some way with this "secret project" 🕶️.

Look at all the patents he has filed in the US: https://patents.justia.com/inventor/joseph-jaroch. Also, a lot of them, particularly on page 2, have been done in partnership with Mel Morris. The assignee/applicant for all of those was Webroot.

Userlevel 7
Badge +54
We need more details but I am trying to remain optimistic about it but with so many unknowns it is not easy. In an ideal world I would love to get Joe back and get to something it used to be.
Userlevel 7
Bring back Joe and Mel Morris!
I don't know, where is Joe? Is he still with Webroot? So many people leaving or have not signed onto the new forum yet like @MacDaddy385 to name one, I lost count. I have to say, at least the Carbonite Stock is on an upswing. I hope it keeps the upward trend. We'll see what happens in the coming months ahead. Hopefully this will all turn out good. ☺️

Userlevel 7
Badge +63
I guess this will never settle down. It leaves to many questions for it's users and I mean Webroot.
Userlevel 7
Ditto @Muddy7 ...Things can only get better is my motto! 😂
We'll see where this one goes. I believe I will try to remain optimistic on this if it goes through, but it will be hard. 🤔
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Ditto @Muddy7 ...Things can only get better is my motto! 😂
Bring back Joe and Mel Morris!
Userlevel 7
Good God another CEO Change is or may happen. When will it end? ☹️