Community Ranks: Your Personal Sidekick

• 15 February 2012
  • 17 replies

Userlevel 5
  • Retired Webrooter
  • 58 replies
Ranks reward you for your presence in community and the contributions that you make. They let other community members know more about you, how active you are, and where your expertise lies. 

The idea is, the more you contribute ideas, help others, and share your voice, the higher rank you’ll get. Makes sense, right?

Here are the Webroot Community Ranks (in order):

New Voice
Frequent Voice
Community Guide
Sr. Community Guide
Community Leader
Sr. Community Leader
Expert Advisor
Sr. Expert Advisor
Bronze VIP
Silver VIP
Gold VIP

Your rank is indicated by the icon next to your name. For example, the rank of New Voice is signified by a microphone icon. Each time your rank changes, we’ll send you a message so you’ll know right away.

17 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +25
Thank you. I see it now.
Userlevel 7
Thank you Anna.
Userlevel 7
Badge +35
Yes, the algorithm for the new community is in place now.
Userlevel 7
This is an old post and the ranks were updated last year. They are as follows:

Gold VIP
Silver VIP
Bronze VIP
Community Expert Advisor
Community Leader
Community Guide
Popular Voice
Frequent Voice
New Voice

We do not share the requirements to reach levels, but all activity does go into the algorithm that promotes members to the next level. If you are seeing any downward changes to your rank since the transition, please let us know and we will investigate. We have corrected your rank so you are now back to Community Guide.

Has Webroot figured out and has in place the new algorithm for promotions for the new forum?
Userlevel 7
Badge +35
This is an old post and the ranks were updated last year. They are as follows:

Gold VIP
Silver VIP
Bronze VIP
Community Expert Advisor
Community Leader
Community Guide
Popular Voice
Frequent Voice
New Voice

We do not share the requirements to reach levels, but all activity does go into the algorithm that promotes members to the next level. If you are seeing any downward changes to your rank since the transition, please let us know and we will investigate. We have corrected your rank so you are now back to Community Guide.
Userlevel 7
Badge +25
Are we all starting over? I was well into Community Guide, and now I am back to new voice. Kind of feel like all our previous efforts were lost.

And it looks like the names have changed. Popular Voice is not listed on the old rankings above. Can you list the new levels for this forum too please?

And I too want to know what changes the level, how many posts, likes, whatever.

Congrats on the new look, but not happy at starting over again.
Userlevel 7
Thank you Cat. I can take my sunglasses off now. 😃
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Fixed. Just for you, PTD.
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:

Here are the Webroot Community Ranks (in order):

New Voice
Frequent Voice
Community Guide
Sr. Community Guide
Community Leader
Sr. Community Leader
Expert Advisor
Sr. Expert Advisor
Bronze VIP
Silver VIP
Gold VIP

Maybe it's just me, since I'm getting old. LOL but that Gold VIP is bright and hard to see. A little hard on the eyes, may need to wear sunglasses to see it. 😛
Userlevel 7
@CatB wrote:
As for revealing our ranking structure, we feel that it's way more fun to keep it a surprise!
I can go along with that, I'm all for surprises! 😃
Userlevel 1
Ahhh.  I love a challenge!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
We can definitely add some color to this post. :)

As for revealing our ranking structure, we feel that it's way more fun to keep it a surprise!
Userlevel 1
Ha!  That's just the kind of info it would be very handy to have, you know, as you're approaching, say, the PINK level.
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
@ wrote:
Can this be updated as to how many posts you need to get to the different levels?

I think this is an excellent idea. There must be a list of how many post count totals that equal rank name changes.

Also can this update list the Color of each level. I just love being Pink! lol
Userlevel 1
Just curious: did anyone ever follow-up on listing the number of posts necessary to get kicked up to each level?
Seems like good trivia to know.

Thanks.
Userlevel 5
@ wrote:
Can this be updated as to how many posts you need to get to the different levels?

I think this is an excellent idea. There must be a list of how many post count totals that equal rank name changes.

Userlevel 7
Badge +56

Thanks,

Daniel