Community News

Community Updates - Delete private messages, unsubscribe from @mentions, and more

• 26 April 2019
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +48
We've been working with our platform partner and have recently implemented some improvements based on your ideas and feedback. Read on to learn what is now available:
  • Private message deletion for community members
  • Unsubscribe from @mention email notifications
  • Content Helpfulness Facelift
  • Show warning dialog if you navigate away from the create topic process

Private message deletion for community members

Community members can now delete private messages they have sent to other users or moderators, enabling them to remove content they’ve sent privately that they no longer want to share. Both members of the conversation can see that a message has been deleted, for the sake of transparency. The deletion is available on the front end when viewing your conversation with another user.

Unsubscribe from @mention email notifications

Opting out from @mention notifications, is now available. Go to your Profile Settings page and set ‘Receive email notifications when you are mentioned’ to No. Once set to No you will no longer receive an email when another user mentions you.

Content Helpfulness Facelift

We changed the emoji, used to up- or downvote a topic, to a more friendly set.

Show warning dialog if you navigate away from the create topic process

When you're in the middle of creating a topic and accidentally refresh, navigate or forget to open in a new tab, there's no warning and your progress is lost. This is no longer the case. We implemented a warning dialog, that shows if you navigate away from the create topic page after providing some input already.

-----

The team is always working on making the community better. We hope you like these changes!

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +63
I hope none of the Webroot Staffers use this feature because it's getting so bad to get any info from any Webroot Staffers at this time and it's upsetting!

"Unsubscribe from @mention email notifications

Opting out from @mention notifications, is now available. Go to your Profile Settings page and set ‘Receive email notifications when you are mentioned’ to No. Once set to No you will no longer receive an email when another user mentions you."
Userlevel 7
May I ask if the "Show warning dialog if you navigate away from the create topic process"-related change also kicks in if one navigates away from a response? What would ideally be useful here would be something akin to the functionality in Lithium where a periodic save of the reply was taken so that if for some reason it were lost then one one be represented with the saved version when next going into frame a reply?

😉
Userlevel 7
Badge +48
I don't think that this extends to replies as of yet but I do agree that the auto-saving functionality would be a great addition. I've messaged the development team and asked them if this is something they could explore.
Userlevel 7
Thanks, Drew...ironically I managed to prove that it does not apply to replies...yet...by actually managing to inadvertently 'lose' this reply just now when I was mid way through....Grrrr

Hopefully, we can get something sorted re. this as it is very frustrating as and when it happens.

Cheers, Baldrick