Solved

Confusion about SecureAnywhere Endpoint protection vs. Web Security

• 30 June 2012
  • 1 reply

I'm a not very happy Trend user and am looking for a new solution.  Our network is about 50 users, 3 servers and about a dozen laptops.  I've been impressed with what I've read about Webroot.  However, I'm confused about your two business products, SecureAnywhere Endpoint Protection and Webroot Web Security.  What are the differences?  They both appear to be comprehensive A/V enterprise solutions.   I can't find anything that compares the two products and gives an overview of which a business should be considering.  Is there a document that helps with this?  I wish I knew some local users (Raleigh, NC) who I could talk to about their experiences with the products, but I don't know anyone locally who is using this.

I am looking for solid A/V and malware protection that provides better protection than Trend and hopefully far less intrusive and resource intensive.  We have a solid firewall (SonicWall) as well as spam protection. 
Thanks.
icon

Best answer by Kit 30 June 2012, 23:12

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
While I'm not the best to answer this, I don't want to leave you without an answer at all.

Web Security is our product that primarily works based on an endpoint web proxy system and performs malware scans on incoming data.  It is not an endpoint AV though.  Its primary purpose is to inspect web traffic and interdict malware in the network pipeline.

Endpoint Protection is the business version of the SecureAnywhere, which is an on-machine AV solution.

Officially the sales folks will probably say "Web Security will help so get both", and technically it's true, as it adds a layer of protection.  The main thing it sounds like you are looking for is Endpoint protection though.  The good news is that your hopes are met.  The endpoint is based off the same technology that goes into the consumer SecureAnywhere product, with more business-based capabilities.  Those extra capabilities don't increase the endpoint size or resource use though. :)

Your best bet would be to snag a free trial if you want to examine it on your own.  The trial is fully functional, support provided, and as long as you get it through us directly, the only "strings" attached is that our Enterprise Sales Team will follow up with you.  Honestly, that's fewer strings than most places have.  It can install alongside Trend with no problems if you want to, or not as you see fit.  Optionally, you can contact the enterprise sales team and get info there first. If you want to try the trial, you can sign up for it here.

Unfortunately, I can't help too much with finding local users.  But if you become a user, you can always be a local for newer folks. :)

*minor edit - since something has changed since the post was initially made, this post should reflect that change, which it now does 🙂