Get the Best Deal on Antivirus Protection

Userlevel 7
  • Retired Webrooter
  • 1581 replies
60% off Webroot SecureAnywhere Antivirus!

30% off Webroot SecureAnywhere Internet Security Plus and Webroot SecureAnywhere Complete!

Check out the offer here, and get the best deal on Webroot! :D

36 replies

Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
Hello,
I don't find the right forum for this post:@
As I explain in my previous posts I used a trial WRSA-C and now after purchasing it, I have received my keycode. Is it necesary to uninstall the trial WRSA-C before installing this purchased keycode ?
You shouldn't need to.  I think you can open the software, and click My Account tab at the top right.  When that opens, click "Activate a New Key Code".  It should let you enter your new WSA-C Key Code right there without the need to re-install.
Userlevel 6
Hi DavidP,
Thanks. Another question: I'll install it in 5 devices (2 PC, 1 notebook, 1 Iphone and 1 Ipad), so what happen when I change one or more hardware ?
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
Hello,
I don't find the right forum for this post:@
As I explain in my previous posts I used a trial WRSA-C and now after purchasing it, I have received my keycode. Is it necesary to uninstall the trial WRSA-C before installing this purchased keycode ?
Asklepios, 

DId you get the key code in OK?  For future reference, the WSA-C forum is Here, but we are not picky.  If you post something in the wrong place we will still be more than happy to help, and a Webroot Moderator might move it to the right place.  
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
Hi DavidP,
Thanks. Another question: I'll install it in 5 devices (2 PC, 1 notebook, 1 Iphone and 1 Ipad), so what happen when I change one or more hardware ?
Good question!

You need to activate your Online Account.  When you set this up, you will be creating a user profile that you use to log in to it, and it is in the Online Account that you manage your subscription.

After setting it up, you will want to make sure that you give yourself the correct access to use the Mobile versions.  Once logged into the Account, at the upper right corner click your email address.  That will bring a drop down, and you should click Manage Users on it.

On the Manage Users screen, look at the permissions your account has.  Make sure you have it set to Access at least for EVERYTHING.  If you do not have access for anything listed, click the little person icon on the right side to edit the profile, and then adjust the permissions.  The mobile versions will not work unless you have done this.

Once you have the software installed on all devices, the 2 PC's and Notebook will show up under PC Security, but the IPhone and IPad will NOT show up as a protected device.  Do not worry: the IOS app uses Safe Browsing and Secure Synch, but since it does not have an actual antimalware component they will not show up as protected.

Any time you need to remove the WSA-C from one PC to put it on another, simply uninstall it while connected to the internet, and then install it on the new one.  That is all that is usually needed!  If it fails to unregister the old PC, you can go to the Online Account, click PC Security, and then click on the PC you wish to remove from protection.  A new window opens, simply click the Commands tab, and then choose Deactivate.  This will unregister the device and uninstall the software from it allowing you to install it on a new computer.

I hope all this helps.. sorry that it is so long!  If you have any questions, let us know!
Userlevel 6
Great answer DavidP !
Now I try to do and I tell you if it works well.

Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
Great answer DavidP !
Now I try to do and I tell you if it works well.

Let me know.. and I also sent you a Private Message too.
Userlevel 6
Hi David,
I'd activate my Online Account. OK for my PC and Notebook but I don't see my "IOS" products.
I'm also unable to run the "Backup&Sync" App ?
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
Hi David,
I'd activate my Online Account. OK for my PC and Notebook but I don't see my "IOS" products.
I'm also unable to run the "Backup&Sync" App ?
You wont see the IOS devices listed.. they run Secure Browsing and Backup Synch, but as they don't have the AV component they wont show.  That is normal.

Log into your Online Account, and follow the steps to Manage Users.  Make sure that you have all permissions set to access or higher.  
Userlevel 6
OK David, Idid and now I'm waiting for 15 minutes:D
Userlevel 7
Good News: This deal has been extended to June 25th!
Userlevel 7
Ah that's great. Thanks for the extension Jim.