Hello from your new community manager

• 28 January 2014
  • 44 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
  • Retired Webrooter
  • 6752 replies
Hi Webroot Community!

I'm excited to be joining you as the new community manager.  As some of you may know I'm coming over from the Spiceworks community, where I've been for the past four years.  I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone on this community - my favorite part of community management is all the great folks I meet, and seeing them helping random strangers on the Internet out of the goodness of their own hearts.

Richard helped me do a little video so I could let you guys know a little bit more about me.  If you have any questions, please post them below!

44 replies

Userlevel 1
Dear Webroot community,

Be afraid. Be very afraid.

He will lull you into a sense of security (no pun intended) and kill you with kindness.

All the best in your new home, mate.
Userlevel 7
Badge +13
Welcome to the Webroot Community.Its great to have someone with your IT pedigree join us.I look forward to your contribution here.The community will be so much better for it.

Warm Regards,
Dan
Userlevel 7
Hi Huw3481
Welcome to the Community Forums. http://www.calendarofupdates.com/updates/public/style_emoticons/default/hello.gif

You obviously know Nic...so come on...don't be shy...dish the dirt. http://www.calendarofupdates.com/updates/public/style_emoticons/default/grin.gif

Of, course...I am only joking...or am I? http://www.calendarofupdates.com/updates/public/style_emoticons/default/ROFL.gif

No...really...I am...we are pleased to have Nic here.

Regards

Baldrick
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Welcome Nic to the Webroot Community Family!

Cheers,

Daniel 😉
Userlevel 1
@ wrote:
Hi Huw3481
Welcome to the Community Forums.

You obviously know Nic...so come on...don't be shy...dish the dirt.

Of, course...I am only joking...or am I?

Regards

Baldrick
Where do you want to start? I'm easily bought... :)

Nic is a great friend. Treat him nice or there'll be words .
Userlevel 7
Badge +54
Welcome Nic to Webroot, the greatest show on the Earth.

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
@ wrote:
Hi Huw3481
Welcome to the Community Forums.

You obviously know Nic...so come on...don't be shy...dish the dirt.

Of, course...I am only joking...or am I?

Regards

Baldrick
Where do you want to start? I'm easily bought... :)

Nic is a great friend. Treat him nice or there'll be words .
Are you at least a Webroot SecureAnywhere user?

Daniel 😉
Userlevel 7
Will do, Huw, will do.
Once we get the initiation rites over with...http://www.calendarofupdates.com/updates/public/style_emoticons/default/ANGEL.gif
Userlevel 7
Hello Nic and welcome to the Webroot Community!

Oh, wait, what am I saying?  That is what I say to first time posts asking for help in these parts...

HEY THERE!!!!  It is really good to meet you, and I look forward to getting to know you on here.  We have, of couse, been expecting you since Jim's departure, and I hope you like it here!  

I have to warn you, while we try our best to help, we are human and we do make mistakes.  Sometimes it can take a few tries before we either understand a problem, or phrase an answer in such a way that it can be understood.

You can expect us to @ you with regularity when we think something needs your attention, but please do let us know if that gets on your nerves too much. (We might not completely quit using it, but I am sure we can be a bit more judicious in its use!)

You come with a lot of previous experience in this kind of thing, so you already know one of the most important things: having fun has a very important place at times :)

David

Userlevel 1
@ wrote:

Are you at least a Webroot SecureAnywhere user?

Daniel ;)
Webroot is on my radar for work, honest guv'
Userlevel 7
Hello nic, Welcome to the Webroot Community Forum. 😃
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Thanks for the welcome and nice to see you over here Huw!  Huw is in the UK for anyone who is over there - he is a great drinking buddy and all around nice guy.  btw Huw, I'll hook you up with a copy of Webroot to play with if you like.  I have connections now 🙂
Userlevel 7
Hi Huw

A number of us are UK-based...so perhaps we will see you about in those hours when we prowl the Community Forums and just about everyone (but not Joe) on the other side of the Pond is asleep.

Regards

Baldrick
Userlevel 1
@ wrote:
Thanks for the welcome and nice to see you over here Huw!  Huw is in the UK for anyone who is over there - he is a great drinking buddy and all around nice guy.  btw Huw, I'll hook you up with a copy of Webroot to play with if you like.  I have connections now :)
Cheers Nic!
Userlevel 1
@ wrote:
Hi Huw

A number of us are UK-based...so perhaps we will see you about in those hours when we prowl the Community Forums and just about everyone (but not Joe) on the other side of the Pond is asleep.

Regards

Baldrick
As long as there is a plan so cunning you could put a fur coat on it and call it a weasel...
Userlevel 7
And fool Lord Percy into thinking it was a mink.  What oh!
<.<
>.>

Hello? 

HI NIC!!!!!!! 

:D:D:D

Hope you like the new gig, and I hope the new gig likes you :catvery-happy:

You know what I always say... Don't .... well, you know :robotlol:
Nic...Nic...Nic...I know I know that name from SOMEWHERE! Would you happen to be related to Bob Ross? o.0
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Hi A.J. - welcome to the Webroot community :)

Bob Ross is my third cousin's uncle's brother's sister's mom's dad.
I knew it! I knew there had to be a connection! The hair is a dead giveaway! How goes CMing at Webroot?
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
So far so good.  The folks here on the community are super nice and knowledgeable.  And all my fellow Webroot employees are great.  You'll have to swing by for a visit 🙂
I may just take you up on that at some point...
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
I may just take you up on that at some point...
Cool, we have a spare bedroom for guests.  
I may just take you up on that. Be careful what you ask for...
Thank you for this valuable information Marcus!!