Carbonite + Webroot recently commissioned IDC to write an eBook searching for the best way to protect against the rising rates of cybercrime. After all – we’ve all seen the headlines that report million-dollar ransom payments, infrastructure attacks and healthcare systems under siege.
The headlines are eye-popping, but so are the facts. 56% of ransomware victims suffered a few days to a week of downtime during their most recent incident. And 36% of businesses who experienced three or more ransomware incidents in the past 12 months required a significant amount of extra resources to rectify.
But it’s not all bad news – IDC found that a 6-step framework for cyber resilience presents the strongest defense.
As industry leadings experts, IDC backs up their recommendation with considerable research and analysis to present an iron-clad case for adopting their cyber resilience framework. With this eBook in hand, MSPs can show reluctant clients the cold hard facts about the state of cyberattacks.
Their 6-step framework presents a clear set of actionable steps for businesses to take:
- Identify - You can’t protect what you haven’t first identified.
- Protect - Employees and their devices are the first targets. Protect them and start a systematic file and backup system.
- Detect - Threat intelligence and experience-based detection can thwart even the most sophisticated attackers.
- Respond - It’s imperative to stop attackers’ advances before real harm occurs
- Recover - Clean up infected devices, close backdoors and have a plan to recover damaged or out-of-commission assets
- Educate - Empower your employees to form a citizen army of cybersecurity checkpoints.
The IDC eBook also acts as an invaluable resource for MSPs. IDC included tools geared specifically for them to utilize. This includes:
- Important tips for talking with SMBs
- Eye-opening stats for convincing your clients
- Preview of a powerhouse platform for protecting against cyberattacks
Download the IDC eBook, Why It’s Critical for Businesses to Implement a Cyber Resilience Framework, doc #CA48731722BRO, January 2022, to learn key tips for MSPs and to learn more about IDC’s 6-step framework for cyber resilience.
It would be good if MSPs could have this whitelabelled. I like the 6 steps framework and it could work well as a discussion piece with customers.