Introducing Webroot® WiFi Security!

• 16 October 2018
  • 25 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +48

Webroot is excited to announce the launch of Webroot® WiFi Security. It’s our brand new virtual private network (VPN) available for Windows®, Mac®, iOS®, and Android™ devices. 

WiFi Security is different from traditional VPN solutions, it adds a layer of security that protects your valuable information, but isn’t demanding or difficult to set up. It only takes a single tap or click to activate all the key protection features.  

Key Features:  

Auto-connect: The app can automatically activate a VPN connection when user connects to an unsecure network.  

Ultimate privacy: Webroot® WiFi Security is simple and intuitive, so users don’t have to follow complex steps. It automatically hides IP addresses and personal identifiers to keep users safe, and never tracks information about how users connect and browse. 

Easy-to-use Protection: Lets you enable all protection features with a single tap or click and won’t impact your data limit or connection speed. 

How Does It Work?  

A VPN protects your actual connection to the internet. Imagine yourself on a road trip protected by your own private system of tunnels that nobody else can use. Nobody can spy on you or see where you’re going. That’s what Webroot WiFi Security does for your connection to the internet. It prevents cybercriminals from spying on your internet activity so they can’t track or intercept your data.  

Our VPN is easy to use and automatically protects your data, financial details, passwords, browsing habits, and more. Plus, you can rest easy knowing your VPN is backed by the same threat intelligence that the world’s top IT security professional’s trust.  

Keep your online life private and secure with Webroot WiFi Security.  

Have questions about Webroot WiFi Security? Let us know below or head over to our new WiFi Security board

25 replies

That is awesome!
Userlevel 7
Badge +48
@ wrote:
That is awesome!
Thanks @! This marks the next step in our mission to protect users wherever they connect online. 

Happy to hear you think it's pretty cool too ;) 

My question is, How can I add this to my home pc and devices? I've already purchased Webroot. 
Userlevel 7
Badge +36
@ wrote:
My question is, How can I add this to my home pc and devices? I've already purchased Webroot. 
WiFi Security is it's own product apart from Webroot Secure Anywhere. If you'd like to learn more we have a product page here.
Userlevel 6
Badge +6
Ive been running the android app on my phone for a couple of days, works well and have seen very few issue.  Would it be possible to include a DNS list of Ad sites to block?
Userlevel 7
Badge +36
@ wrote:
Ive been running the android app on my phone for a couple of days, works well and have seen very few issue.  Would it be possible to include a DNS list of Ad sites to block?
This is a great idea, would you mind putting it into the feature request section so the product team can evaluate it? This section can be found here, and be sure to add the label, "WiFi Security".
Userlevel 3
Badge +5
Will this VPN block my outgoing email server ? Others I have tried to use have done so
Hello, 

Good question.  I have touched based with our product team and they have advised this shouldn't interfere with outgoing email at all.  

There are some companies that apply security policies that restrict sending any email communications without being connected to their specific VPN.  But that would not be a VPN causing the issue. It's a policy that you would need to work out with your business or IT group.  

However if you are referring to gmail, outlook or other common email services there shouldn't be any issues!

If you encounter a problem please DM me and I will look into it!
I just purchased this product, set up an id and password, but when I try to sign in, it tells me the email and/or password in not correct.  Not sure how to fix this. Would appreciate help.  Thank you.
Userlevel 7
Badge +36
@ wrote:
I just purchased this product, set up an id and password, but when I try to sign in, it tells me the email and/or password in not correct.  Not sure how to fix this. Would appreciate help.  Thank you.
Interesting, would you mind reaching out to our support team so we can look into this for you? We can be reached at 1-866-612-4227, or if you prefer to make a ticket, that can be down https://www.webrootanywhere.com/servicewelcome.asp .
I just installed your new VPN. I did a speed test before and after installation. My download speed after connecting was 82... before it wqas 232...  I'm startring to think I wasted a few dollars. 
Any comments?
Userlevel 7
Badge +63
@ wrote:
I just installed your new VPN. I did a speed test before and after installation. My download speed after connecting was 82... before it wqas 232...  I'm startring to think I wasted a few dollars. 
Any comments?
No VPN offers full speed as I have Gigabit speed but not with any VPN.
Userlevel 7
Badge +8
Can’t wait to give this a go
Userlevel 7
Badge +63
@ wrote:
@ wrote:
Any comments?
No VPN offers full speed as I have Gigabit speed but not with any VPN.
@ have a look at this KB Article: https://community.webroot.com/t5/Webroot-WiFi-Security-KB/How-to-Run-a-Speed-Test-with-WiFi-Security/ta-p/328394
I have found that previous other VPNs I have installed in the past have slowed my internet speed so much, that I have disconnected them. Do you have a trial period so I'm not throwing my money away again with a product that won’t deliver?
Userlevel 5
Badge +24
Are there any plans to roll this into GSM for businesses & MSPs?  It would be a nice feature to offer alongside standard webroot, DNS, training and the mobile platform.
Userlevel 1
Does the iOS app have a kill switch? I think it's essential. For example, I was using ExpressVPN on public WiFi. At some point the VPN disconnected and I later found myself to be connected to the public WiFi with no protection. A kill switch stops all internet traffic if the VPN disconnects. I quit using ExpressVPN and so far I found Nord to be one of the best. I've also tried CyberGhost (too many issues) and I'm currently beta testing Proton VPN. 
Userlevel 3
Badge +1
This looks pretty good - I am not sure the typical home user would go this far into a secuirty product.

And please please dont make it slow everything down..
Userlevel 2
I'm excited to test this out
Userlevel 5
Badge +4
I've had the chance to test and now for the last week use this product, and it has been fantastic.  Solid, always on, and very little performance hit when checking speed of VPN vs no VPN. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +25
Excelelnt and happy to see the sucessful launch of this product. 
Userlevel 3
Badge +3
@ wrote:
I have the exact same problem.  Do I need to use a different ID and password than is used for my Webroot Secure Anywhere Complete account?
Userlevel 7
Badge +25
@ wrote:
@ wrote:
I have the exact same problem.  Do I need to use a different ID and password than is used for my Webroot Secure Anywhere Complete account?
I believe it should be the same. Did you use the same and it still does not work? 
Userlevel 7
Badge +36

@ wrote:
@ wrote:
Not necessarily, you can use new information, however if you already have an account for managing your WSA online, then you can use those same credentials. Let me know if you're still encountering issues, and also feel free to contact our support team as they're here to assist.

1-866-612-4227
or
Create a ticket
Userlevel 1
No reply in 3 weeks? I’m assuming no kill switch for iOS app and no plans for one? Huge security issue in my opinion.