Solved

Knowledge Base

Userlevel 5
  • Community Guide
  • 165 replies
New users getting to grips with any of the WSA range of products might find useful help and tips in the Webroot Community Knowledge Base => http://community.webroot.com/t5/tkb/communitypage

Just one thing moderators - why is it I don't see all content when clicking on certain KB articles?
icon

Best answer by TonyW 27 August 2012, 20:41

View original

18 replies

Userlevel 7
Hey TonyW,

Can you explain what you mean by "all content"? Are you only seeing part of the Knowledge Base article or are you talking about something else? Let me know as this shouldn't be the case!

P.S.. Great suggestion. TKB's have proven to be quite useful for many posters! 😃
Userlevel 5
I mean I'm only seeing part of the KB article. For example, in another thread in the WSA Endpoint section, MikeR suggests reading the KB on how to use overrides. When I look at it, I only see a short amount of text, which ends with "Here's how:" Although I don't need to know how, the article doesn't explain how.
Userlevel 7
Hey TonyW,

For this particular KB article, there is no text under "Here's how". Instead, you should be able to see and play a video that explains how to use overrides. Are you not able to see that? If not, it may have something to do with your internet browser or perhaps your Adobe Flash Player isn't up-to-date. TripleHelix had a post about  where to download the latest version a few days ago. Check it out! Let me know.

*Edited with updated link* Thanks T.H.!
Userlevel 5
No video is showing for me to play. 😕 I am using Firefox 14.0.1 and have Adobe Flash Player 11.4.402.265 for that browser. (I'm pretty diligent in getting the latest patches as soon as they're released. ;))
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
It's working fine for me Tony with the same versions of FF and Flash!

Daniel

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
And Yegor there has been a new update to flash! https://community.webroot.com/t5/Security-Industry-News/Adobe-Flash-Player-11-4-402-265/td-p/9614

Daniel
Userlevel 5
The issue in my case may be due to a 32-bit and a 64-bit .dll file being installed for Firefox Flash. Having said that, Internet Explorer has two versions of the corresponding .dll files. I will test in IE and report back. 🙂
Userlevel 7
Thanks T.H. Must have missed that one! Anyhow, I updated my post! :D

TonyW,
Very strange that it's not working for you in Firefox and with the updated Flash Player, but T.H. can see it no problem. I'm curious to know what happens when you view the post while using IE or Chrome. Can you test that for me?

Thanks,
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Check the Flash Player Settings Manager under Windows Control Panel!

Userlevel 5
I've just tested in IE 9. The video is displayed and plays without any issues. I do not have Chrome installed, otherwise I'd test that for you.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
It works fine in Opera and I don't use Chrome But this is what I get with IE9? I have to click show all content then it's fine!

http://community.webroot.com/t5/image/serverpage/image-id/476i6BC3D60B1035DD40/image-size/original?v=mpbl-1&px=-1
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
What OS are you using Tony?
Userlevel 5
TH, I didn't even have to do that with IE 9. I just clicked the video to play.

I'm using Windows 7 64-bit.

Do you have the two .dll files, that is one for 32-bit and one for 64-bit?
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Yea as the installer from Adobe supports both 32bit & 64bit IE9! How about your security settings in IE9?

Userlevel 7
Badge +56

Userlevel 5
I have now resolved this and it's nothing to do with Flash. When I first checked with IE 9 I did so without logging in. I could see the video as intended. I have since tested by logging in as I do with Firefox, and I couldn't see the video.

After some to-ing and fro-ing between the two browsers, I began to wonder if there was a setting in the board preferences causing this as video content was visible elsewhere and here when not logged in.

I took a stab in the dark and unticked Ignore HTML in My Settings. I had enabled it thinking it only affected HTML code in posts, but it seems to be system-wide. Lesson learnt: leave it enabled so content can be viewed in various parts of the Community portal.

Sorry everyone, but at least we now know what can cause this. 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Great to Hear and good to know!  

TH
Userlevel 7
Great to know TonyW! Thanks for posting the original question and testing the possible solutions. This post may be a good candidate for a TKB in itself as it's informative and useful to anyone looking through the articles! I'll see what I can do! :D

And T.H...As always, thanks for chiming in and providing some great suggestions!