Looking for Webroot Beta testers

Show first post
This topic has been closed for comments

116 replies

Hello

Is there a dedicated beta board for discussing beta.

Does Webroot support apply to beta products.

Where do beta testers report observations. 
Userlevel 7
Hello there, 

This thread is for those who would like to be considered to be allowed to use the Beta of WSA Home for bug reporting.  Webroot occasionally allows new Beta testers into the Beta Program for WSA Home, WSA for Mac, and WSA Mobile products, but they do not accept new people all the time.

There is a dedicated private group for those who have been invited into the Webroot Beta program.

As for if Webroot supports the use of WSA and how it handles the Beta software from other software vendors: there is no support.  When Microsoft has had new versions of Windows available for 'Preview" testing, those have been officially NOT supported by Webroot until they are officially released to the general public.

I hope this helps answer your questions
"there is no support"

Okay, Thanks....

So, beta is for bug reporting in a private group.

So, only the private group has access to beta Topics. 

I understand.  I'm used to beta threads being open to the general Community. 

Thanks

Userlevel 7
Betas threads are usual open is they are just that...Open. In the case of Webroot's beta program it is a Closed beta, i.e., by invitation only.

There in lies the difference.

Baldrick
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
"there is no support"

Okay, Thanks....

So, beta is for bug reporting in a private group.

So, only the private group has access to beta Topics. 

I understand.  I'm used to beta threads being open to the general Community. 

Thanks

"There is no support" means that if you have a problem with WSA while using a Beta version of your favorite game, a pre-release version Windows or other pre official release version of software, Webroot officially does not and cannot provide assitance with any issues or confilcts between WSA and that beta software.

As for bug reporting in regards to WSA Beta versions specifically, that is contained in the closed Beta group, for which Webroot only occasionally asks for additional Beta Testers.  The group is not open to new members at all times.

These are the policies set forth by Webroot, not the Community members.
quick Q's guys does beta testing ever run out as i only joined it last year. and i am pleased to be a beta tester. and i am sure webroot will be looking for more testers at a later date keep your eyes open. 🙂
Userlevel 7
The beta generally is ongoing as development is ongoing...but at times beta & release channels are aligned, i.e., on the same version, whbich effectively means that there is no active beta at those times.

As to whether Webroot will be actively looking for more beta testers in the future...well, only Nic can advise as to that...any speculation is just that...speculation.

Baldrick
thanks for info mate i want to continune helping webroot with betas
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Yep we keep it going from year to year and renew the keycodes each year.  
thanks ? do we need to contact you when the key code runes out. or do you send them us auto ?
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
We have a list of all the beta ones and renew those - if for some reason we were to miss one, just let me know and I can fix it.
cheers mates
Hi. Was wondering if the beta test program is still available.
If so could I enroll?
Thanks
I am interested too, ?.

Thanks
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Yep there is still room. I'll add you both and send you keycodes.
?

Thank you, sir. 🙂
Userlevel 2
Badge +3
I would like to join the beta if there is a space available.
Userlevel 7
Badge +34
Hi nic

If there's room for another, I'd like to join the club! :D

Nemo

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Sure thing - I'll PM you a keycode and an invite.
Hi nic,

I am keen to try your products, and do some beta testing!

I do need a key, please advise!

Thanks, and Happy New Year!
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Hello ? and Welcome to the Webroot Community!

So a different username then the one from Wilders. LOL

Daniel 😃
Daniel,

Between my add, concern for privacy/security, and unsure about protocal, yep different namse on different accounts. sigh ...
I think my new year resolution will involve simplicity!  ;)

Thanks for your humor and observation!!
Userlevel 4
Daniel, asked me if I would like to help with beta testing , if you have any updates you want me to try just let me know, I have been doing the same type of testing for netgear genie program for Ye for a while now so if I can help with webroot why not, Scott.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
Daniel, asked me if I would like to help with beta testing , if you have any updates you want me to try just let me know, I have been doing the same type of testing for netgear genie program for Ye for a while now so if I can help with webroot why not, Scott.
Kwel! @ will let you in the Closed Hidden Beta Group and give you a BETA Keycode!

Daniel

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Keycode and invite sent!