Big news, Community! You talked, we listened and took action.
Carbonite + Webroot, OpenText Companies, are excited to announce the release of two new MDR (Managed Detection and Response) options for customers looking for proactive threat detection and response capabilities to become truly resilient against cyber threats, like ransomware.
- Webroot MDR powered by Blackpoint is a turnkey solution for MSPs developed by world-class security experts to provide 24/7/365 threat hunting, monitoring and remediation.
- OpenText MDR is designed for small and medium-sized businesses (SMBs) with specific implementation and integration requirements determined by their business and IT environments.
Both solutions are powered by the industry leading BrightCloud Threat Intelligence platform. The same contextual insights trusted by many of the world’s leading technology vendors will now help security operations center (SOC) personnel detect threats earlier and work to remediate them quicker.
Together, these solutions address growing threats against core segments of our business: MSPs and their mid-market customers. As cyber threats like ransomware accelerate and increasingly target SMBs, its important organizations’ defenses keep up. Our new MDR solutions will ensure organizations can maintain their security posture while addressing today’s volume and variance of attacks, even with limited in-house security expertise.
Relatedly, as ransomware rates push never-before-seen levels, pressure is being put on cybersecurity insurance issuers to mandate MDR solutions as a prerequisite for coverage. Offering MDR allows us to assist customers in achieving compliance with these mandates, as well as with NIST, ISO, HIPPA, PCI and other common safety standards.
Research also shows the time-to-detection of breaches among mid-market businesses needs improvement. According to Verizon, 53% of breaches affecting SMBs took weeks or longer to discover. With our MDR solutions, our customers will now benefit from high infection detection rates and reduced time to detection of breaches.
Finally, our MDR solutions allow us to preserve key performance benefits that made us a popular choice among MSPs in the first place. Webroot Business Endpoint Protection protection will remain light on devices, easy to deploy and with fully customizable reporting.
In short, the new MDR offerings will allow our partners and customers to:
- Reduce the impact of successful attacks
- Minimize the business impact of breaches
- Benefit from best-in-class AI augmented by human experts
- Achieve compliance with common security standards
- Be up and running quickly with curated onboarding, monitoring and reporting
Interested in learning more about our new MDR offerings, including which is right for your business? For more information, view the infographic and solutions brief attached below.