MRG Effitas 360 Assessment & Certification Programme Q 1 2017

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Source:

https://www.mrg-effitas.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/MRG-Effitas-360-Assessment-2017-Q1_wm.pdf

17 Applications Tested

386 In-the-Wild malware samples used.

Certified
(level 1):
No security product was able to defend the system 100%
during this test period.

Certified
(level 2):
avast! Internet Security, Avira Internet Security, AVG Internet Security,
Bitdefender Internet Security, ESET Smart Security,
Kaspersky Internet Security,Panda Internet Security, SurfRight HitmanPro, Symantec Norton Security, ThreatTrack Vipre Internet Security, Trend Micro Maximum Security, Webroot SecureAnywhere.

Daniel

31 replies

Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
so you are blasting or discrediting a test you haven't seen yet as some " 3rd party" mistake or flawed?
perhaps the test results dont fit your opinion but they are what they are like or dislike

Excuse me...perhaps you are unable to read? I am neither 'blasting' nor 'discrediting' nothing at all...I am just responding with my views/thoughts (which incidentally are held by many) as to whether the testing as it is at present is representative of how good WRSA is...for he reasons I stated.

I did NOT say that the tests were no good in relation to any other security app other than WRSA...again, for the reasons clearly stated.

So, please DO NOT take that tone with me...it is neither required or justified. If you want to then please go somewhere else. Thank you.

Baldrick
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
https://www.mrg-effitas.com/

scroll down has 2 test bottom left

I have now reviewed the tests you are referring to and doing that has not changed my view (and it is MY view just as yours is YOUR view).

Baldrick
so if you have reviewed the results than what is stated is correct aint it?
oh wait need your opinion to confirm? really?
get over yourself
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
again your self serving opinion
perhaps you dont like being pointed wrong or challenenged in thought
as for your fascist attitude in my opinion go elsewhere with that
oops i forgot the test results you dont like so there bad hmmmm odd
explain

Right, that is enough...you are now reported as posting inappropriate content...we do not tolerate the use of some of the words you are spouting/the tone that you are using.

I will not lower myself to your level...PERIOD!

Baldrick
not said anything offensive or threatening
we are in america and this is a american company ( last i checked colorado was and is a us state) we have 1st admendment
constitutionally protected speech
guess your ego dont like that
Userlevel 7
Badge +48
To @ point, we recently discussed this in depth here with our Sr. Security Analyst. Please feel free to read through that as there's a lot of great information in there. Questions around testing come up periodically, and as there is quite a bit of information needed in order to understand them we would like to keep the conversation in one place so as to make it easier for our members to follow. 

We will remove any unneccessary posts, and please do remember our community guidelines. Most importantly, be respectful and keeping the positivity. 

Thank you.