Solved

My Community Password Keeps "Expiring"

• 6 October 2012
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 3
Hi, I hope this is the right place to post about this problem.

I joined the Community a couple of months ago, but my password seems to keep expiring.  I have things set to remember my log-in details; and for the most part this works.  However on two occasions now auto sign-in has not occurred and when I choose to sign-in and manually enter my details, I am told the password does not exist.

Each time I have requested a password reset e-mail and this has allowed me to enter a new password.  Do the passwords automatically expire after a certain time or am I missing something here?

Thanks in advance!
icon

Best answer by ProTruckDriver 6 October 2012, 15:04

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Hello zorak,

This problem seems odd. I know Passwords for the community don't expire. I have been using the same password login since I joined the community. I have just tried to login to the community manually and by RoboForm and both worked. I have it set for "Save Login Name and Password"

Userlevel 3
Thanks ProTruckDriver for the reply.

I also have things set to "Save Login Name and Password".  But today for example I still had to sign-in manually, but at least my password was still working and I didn't have to reset it.  On previous occasions I couldn't sign-in at all!
Userlevel 7
Sorry about that zorak!

I know the "Save Login Name and Password" setting works for me in certain browsers. Glad you were able to login and please let us know what the issue may have been if you find out. 😃