Nastiest Malware 2018 - Cast Your Vote!


Userlevel 7
Badge +33
 


 
 
Cast Your Vote!
 
Use the Comment section below to vote for the nastiest malware of 2018, and earn Your exclusive Badge!

32 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +54
Emotet IMO.
Userlevel 6
Badge +17

@LLiddell wrote:
 


 
 
Cast Your Vote!
 
Use the Comment section below to vote for the nastiest malware of 2018, and earn Your exclusive Badge!

My initial thought was SamSam, but I'll instead go with Crysis/Dharma. If you need help to decide, check out this article - https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/webroot-unveils-nastiest-malware-of-2018-300740031.html
 
Also, where's WannaCry? It was the top malware in June of this year, ahead of Emotet according to CIS - https://www.cisecurity.org/blog/top-10-malware-june-2018/
 
The top malware in the last month according to CIS is below.
 
  1. Emotet
  2. Kovter
  3. ZeuS
  4. NanoCore
  5. Cerber
  6. Gh0st
  7. CoinMiner
  8. Trickbot
  9. WannaCry
  10. Xtrat
 
In September, WannaCry was #2 according to CIS - https://www.cisecurity.org/blog/top-10-malware-september-2018/
 
Can I vote for WannaCry? You could probably make a pretty cool icon for it 🙂
 
Userlevel 7
Emotet. Anything to do with Banking has to be nasty.;)
Userlevel 7
Badge +33

@Webgroot wrote:

@LLiddell wrote:
 


 
 
Cast Your Vote!
 
Use the Comment section below to vote for the nastiest malware of 2018, and earn Your exclusive Badge!

My initial thought was SamSam, but I'll instead go with Crysis/Dharma. If you need help to decide, check out this article - https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/webroot-unveils-nastiest-malware-of-2018-300740031.html
 
Also, where's WannaCry? It was the top malware in June of this year, ahead of Emotet according to CIS - https://www.cisecurity.org/blog/top-10-malware-june-2018/
 
The top malware in the last month according to CIS is below.
 
  1. Emotet
  2. Kovter
  3. ZeuS
  4. NanoCore
  5. Cerber
  6. Gh0st
  7. CoinMiner
  8. Trickbot
  9. WannaCry
  10. Xtrat
 
In September, WannaCry was #2 according to CIS - https://www.cisecurity.org/blog/top-10-malware-september-2018/
 
Can I vote for WannaCry? You could probably make a pretty cool icon for it 🙂
 

You can, sure! The ones we listed are the worst threats that our threat team identified for 2018. WannaCry is of course still a major variant though, you're right.
Userlevel 7
Badge +48
I was going to vote for Wannacry however you do say 2018 and not 2017 when we had big disruptions with it so I will go with Emotet.
Userlevel 6
Badge +17
Userlevel 7
Badge +33
Userlevel 7
Badge +54
There are 350,000 new malicious programs (malware) and potentially unwanted applications (PUA) every day so who cares I don't get any! 😛
 
So pick one just one! LOL 😃
 


Userlevel 6
Badge +17

@Jasper_The_Rasper wrote:
I was going to vote for Wannacry however you do say 2018 and not 2017 when we had big disruptions with it so I will go with Emotet.

WannaCry was and still is prevalent in 2018.
Userlevel 7
Badge +48

@Webgroot wrote:

@Jasper_The_Rasper wrote:
I was going to vote for Wannacry however you do say 2018 and not 2017 when we had big disruptions with it so I will go with Emotet.

WannaCry was and still is prevalent in 2018.

I know it is but it was last year we had the big attacks with it.
Userlevel 7
Badge +55
Hello Webrooters, 
 
I'm with most of you agreeing that Emotet would be the worst one IMO. 🙂
Userlevel 6
Badge +17

@Jasper_The_Rasper wrote:

@Webgroot wrote:

@Jasper_The_Rasper wrote:
I was going to vote for Wannacry however you do say 2018 and not 2017 when we had big disruptions with it so I will go with Emotet.

WannaCry was and still is prevalent in 2018.

I know it is but it was last year we had the big attacks with it.

Right. Unfortunately, it's still a thing in 2018 because people have not done a good job patching systems, and was #2 on CIS' top 10 malware last month.
Userlevel 7
Well, since it's Halloween, I'll go with Ghost Miner, just for giggles. 😛
 


Userlevel 7

@BurnDaddy wrote:
Well, since it's Halloween, I'll go with Ghost Miner, just for giggles. 😛
 



Userlevel 7
Badge +54
Okay lets be funny on Halloween!
 


 


 


Userlevel 7
Badge +55
I love you're sense of humor boys! I'm not home to post a picture yet to join in on all the fun! 😞
Userlevel 6
Badge +17
 
https://
 
WannaCry FTW.
 
Userlevel 7
Badge +55
Oh @Webgroot..That's hilarious!  I cant stop laughing at those! ROFLMHO!
Userlevel 6
Badge +17
I couldn't resist... 😃
 
Nothing like a good laugh to start off and help you get through the day!
 
Let's see those smiles people! 😃
Userlevel 7
Badge +54
Is this what we get?
 


Userlevel 6
Badge +17

@TripleHelix wrote:
Is this what we get?
 


I think so, it just looks like the badge icon is missing... hope it looks cool 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +33


 
I see this on your profile page, is it only text for you as well, Webgroot?
Userlevel 7
Badge +33

@TripleHelix wrote:
Is this what we get?
 


 

 
I see it on yours too, is it still only text for you?
Userlevel 6
Badge +17

@LLiddell wrote:


 
I see this on your profile page, is it only text for you as well, Webgroot?

Yes, only text. I think I know the issue though.
 
Look at the locations for some of the other badges I pulled:

https:// webroot .i. lithium.com/html/badge_icons/Community-Badges-Posts-100.png

https:// webroot .i. lithium.com/html/badge_icons/COM%20badges%20product%20EP.png

https:// webroot .i. lithium.com/html/badge_icons/COM%20badges%20Idea%20Submitted.png
 
The malware slayer one is here - https://webroot.stage.lithium.com/html/badge_icons/COM%20badge%20Slayer.png - which I get an authentication required dialog box to access.
 
So maybe the image just needs to be saved in the same directory as the others? Just my thoughts...
 
For some reason it keeps stripping <https:// webroot .i. lithium.com> from my post... I favor absolute paths over relative; I put spaces in so that you can see it 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +33
Thanks, Webgroot! I think I figured out what's going on. As soon as we hear back from the Lithium support team I should be able to get ti fixed.

Reply

    Cookie policy

    We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept or continue browsing you agree to our cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

    Accept cookies Cookie settings