Vote

Nastiest Malware 2019 - Cast Your Vote

• 28 October 2019
  • 17 replies
Nastiest Malware 2019 - Cast Your Vote
Userlevel 7
Badge +48

Cast Your Vote!

Use the comment section below to vote for the nastiest malware of 2019 and you could win some Webroot swag!

17 replies

Badge

Emotet

Userlevel 7
Badge +48

That’s a good one @steve33 

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Emotet for me as well.

Badge

Same, Emotet

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

Sodinokibi

Userlevel 7
Badge +48

Sodinokibi

Spicing things up! Emotet is particularly NASTY but Sodinokibi is also pretty horrific. Thanks for the votes everyone! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +33

We’ve helped a multinational cleanup after Ryuk and it’s probably the worst I’ve seen. Problem is that a single vote isn’t good. I can attribute the multinational getting Ryuk from previous infections of Emotet and Trickbot. 

Emotet

Cast Your Vote!

Use the comment section below to vote for the nastiest malware of 2019 and you could win some Webroot swag!

Emotet

Badge

Emotet for me too

Userlevel 5
Badge +19

Emotet gets my vote

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

With the many layers of protection we have for clients, we’ve been very fortunate to not have to fight anything major.  (Knock wood, salt over my shoulder, licking my left knee, whatever is needed.)

That said, the big 3 getting votes definitely keep us on our toes to make sure all is in order.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

What about SpyEye? Going directly for the banking side of things… that one sounds like a real nightmare to me!

Userlevel 7
Badge +25

Based on just the amount of money lost, I would have to pick Gandcrab. If you can believe the boast of the authors.

But in a close second would be Sodinokibi (Sodin/REvil) 

If you count Phishing, for me, this is the nastiest malware because it is very difficult to control, as just software alone cannot stop it. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Emotet.

Userlevel 7
Badge +48

Great votes coming in. Keep them coming! 

Badge

Sodinokibi