New Community Features Incoming!

• 17 March 2020
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hey Webroot Community,

I’m pleased to announce a new feature coming soon to the Community website! We will be implementing a brand new and fully featured Leaderboard “widget” and point-system. These points can be tracked on a weekly and all-time basis and will give us an idea of who is staying the busiest on the forums. 

Soon to follow after the implementation of this leaderboard, we will be putting an updated badge system in place. These badges will add a new reason to remain active in the forum by giving you all some rewards to work towards! 

I’ll be updating this thread as we progress in this implementation. Please post any questions you might have or offer any ideas you might have for these new systems!

For instance:

-Would you like to see any particular badges? What kind of metrics would you use? Most comments/most likes/etc.? 

-What kind of swag would you be interested in for earning badges? Mugs/cups/shirts?

Looking forward to hearing your ideas! :)

-Keenan

5 replies

My personal opinion (for what it’s worth :nerd: ):

-Would you like to see any particular badges?

No badges

-What kind of swag would you be interested in ...

No swag

The one feature I do consider useful are the titles Moderator and the appropriate given titles for each Webroot administrator such as yourself. To summarise my take: keep all that stuff lean and mean.

Just my tuppence worth…

Userlevel 7
Badge +62

I like socks,  mugs, t-shirts...I'm a material girl!! LOL

Userlevel 7

Here we go again Jeff @Jasper_The_Rasper from the Lithium forum to the inSided forum we lost post, kudo’s. solved posts total that would have already made us both “Gold VIP’s. Now another change to the awards. I guess Jeff they can give us both ‘Gold” Posthumous, and I’m not kidding either. :rage:

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

What about the Webroot VIP Program? https://community.webroot.com/community-101-2/webroot-vip-program-336563 and how about this? https://community.webroot.com/news-announcements-3/archiving-some-custom-user-roles-342513

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

@TripleHelix ,

We’re looking to update and revive the VIP program! All of the changes we’re hoping to accomplish will ideally bring more people to feel like they can strive for real rewards by being active on the forums! And this is why I am asking for as much advice and feedback as possible. We really want these changes to be about you guys and the decision-making process to be grassroots.

Soon I will be making a request to our Marketing Communications team to develop some fancy new graphics for badges, ranks, etc. Swag is 100% on the table for tangible rewards. Keep the ideas rolling in so we can make these changes reflect what you guys really want!