New Webroot release for Mac coming. Want to be a part of our beta?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
  • Retired Webrooter
  • 288 replies

Are you currently running Webroot SecureAnywhere on your Mac? If so, we’d like to invite you to participate in our first beta program exclusively for Mac users!

• Who can participate? Current customers of our Webroot SecureAnywhere products for Mac
  • What will I test? Password management will be introduced in the next Mac release and will be the focus of this beta specifically, but once you join the beta group, we’ll allow you to test many more features throughout the year.
  • If we participate, what do we need to do? Just tell us what you think! Our Product Management team will be hosting a private beta feedback forum on the Webroot Community to discuss any ideas and comments.
  • What happens to my current keycode if I participate? Nothing! The terms will be the same, but you’ll just run a different build.
And lastly...
  • How do I sign up? Reply to this thread! Then, we’ll set you up with the beta build and access to the private forum. 
Thanks in advance for your help and if you know any other Webroot Mac users, please share the invite!

Disclaimer: Beta software is not guaranteed by Webroot to be bug free, and we cannot offer the same level of support as we would for an officially released version of the program. If you choose to install beta software on a computer, we suggest you make a complete backup of all your important files before installing the beta software to prevent the possibility of data loss. Test systems and non-critical systems normally provide the best platform forbeta software evaluation.

This topic has been closed for comments

22 replies

Badge
Hi,

I have three Mac's. All intel based.  iMac, Mac Mini and Macbook Pro.  Happy to test.  Have been testing your PC versions for some time now.

Thanks,

Pat
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
Hi,

I have three Mac's. All intel based.  iMac, Mac Mini and Macbook Pro.  Happy to test.  Have been testing your PC versions for some time now.

Thanks,

Pat
Great!  You now have access to the Mac Beta Forum, which should now be visible to you from the main forums page.
Hi all,

I like to test the beta for mac with the to mac's that i have. I am already beta testing SecureAnywhere on the pc.

Thanks.
Userlevel 7
Hi Liveoil, and welcome to the Community. You have now been granted beta forum access. 🙂
Userlevel 2
Is this still in beta?
Userlevel 7
It's not currently in a beta stage. What was once the beta has gone into production. However, that doesn't rule out a new beta build coming in the future. It's ok to still sign up for access to the forum in order to have access to any upcoming beta builds.
Userlevel 1
Badge
I have an iMac and would like to beta test any upcoming betas for Mac.
Have a nice day.
Userlevel 7
The irony of a user named "windows" asking for Mac beta access just made me giggle. :)

I've just granted you beta forum access. There isn't anything new going on in there at the moment, but it's likely that there will be more beta activity in the future.
Userlevel 1
Badge
Yes. I agree. Wrong name for this. I`m going to change it......:D
Any chance I can play with the mac beta? I am currently evaluating switching our company over to webroot and we have a fair number of macs in the building.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Hello agwebguy and Welcome to the Webroot Community Forums.

Currently there are no Beta's for Mac at this time I'm sure @  will add you to a list and will message you when there is one. Also you can give latest build a try with the Free Trial. http://www.webroot.com/us/en/home/products/trials

Best Regards,

Daniel
Userlevel 7
TripleHelix is correct. This topic was originally posted back in March, and the beta has since ended. However, we'll continue to use this topic to collect new beta members for the next time we have another Mac beta program. We'll let you know!
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello @ , is it too late to test the Beta on my Mac? I've got a 5 PC user with WSAC, not sure how that works out. Please advise since I'm willing to help others and would like some information on testing in the Beta Forum. Have been wanting to help put in CR for installing and uninstalling WSA with the Forum group.

Thank You,

Have a great weekend,:D
Badge
Hi
Currently a member of mac beta group and would like restart participation in testing client on newer version of mac osx

thanks
Grant
Userlevel 7
Hi
Currently a member of mac beta group and would like restart participation in testing client on newer version of mac osx

thanks
Grant

Hello Grant. This thread you posted in is 5 years old. Please look HERE for the updated post on Mac beta.

HTH,
Dave.
Badge
Absolutely add me in...Thanks
Badge +1

please add me, too

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

please add me

Are you currently running Webroot SecureAnywhere on your Mac? If so, we’d like to invite you to participate in our first beta program exclusively for Mac users!

……..

And lastly...

• How do I sign up? Reply to this thread! Then, we’ll set you up with the beta build and access to the private forum. 

Currently running 10.14.6 (and.IOS13.2) - last Beta  was July2019 but still awaiting Catalina. compliance.  

EDIT1: Just realised  my Beta key code had been reset to my Production key code(clearly my. change control process is lacking) when the Catalina debacle general release on my test volume caused. a meltdown a. month(or so) ago.

So SAE4-BETA-****** now implemented but currently still. on 9.0.10.90:1266 

EDIT2(9Nov2019): fwiw - 9.0.10.132.1271 update received earlier this am and full scan completed.

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

horseman … CONGRATULATIONS!

Whatever they did for u … I truly wish they would do for the rest of us!!!

running Catalina 10.15.1 on a 2019 MacBook Pro

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Good Evening Meldrum,

I, along with others have been all but begging to get a viable beta for Catalina … it is very apparent that Apple and their genius lot has put a solid wuppen’ on WR!

Yes, WR dropped the ball in more ways than one and should auto pause everyone affected and with at least a good six months of free serve … but that is neither here nor there at the moment!

The persons here on this board/community ARE NOT in any way responsible for what WR has done / has not done!  They r here to help us and to guild us the best they can to pass along any and all info about what's going on or not happening as they too, get the info.

Everybody using/running Catalina is hosed and in the same boat … even the persons here running this community!  So we just have to wait!  I know it stinks, I too am growling, but it needs to be at WR, not the persons here!

Thank you and I hope this helps explain the situation!

Userlevel 7
Badge +62

Good Evening Meldrum,

I, along with others have been all but begging to get a viable beta for Catalina … it is very apparent that Apple and their genius lot has put a solid wuppen’ on WR!

Yes, WR dropped the ball in more ways than one and should auto pause everyone affected and with at least a good six months of free serve … but that is neither here nor there at the moment!

The persons here on this board/community ARE NOT in any way responsible for what WR has done / has not done!  They r here to help us and to guild us the best they can to pass along any and all info about what's going on or not happening as they too, get the info.

Everybody using/running Catalina is hosed and in the same boat … even the persons here running this community!  So we just have to wait!  I know it stinks, I too am growling, but it needs to be at WR, not the persons here!

Thank you and I hope this helps explain the situation!

Thank you @seahorse ..