Notice of Bug Fix – Web Threat Shield

• 15 December 2016
  • 29 replies

Userlevel 7
  • Retired Webrooter
  • 1455 replies
From Thursday, December 15, 2016, Webroot will roll out a new WSA Web Threat Shield plugin, version 1.2.0.69. to address a known defect.

This release addresses a sporadically occurring defect in which Webroot Enhanced Web Threat Shield binaries were repeatedly marked to be deleted with the next Operating System restart. In some cases, this caused installers/uninstallers to function incorrectly.

• The Installation will occur silently if automatic updates are enforced for your Webroot deployment.
  • A restart of the machine is required to complete deployment.
Note: Webroot SecureAnywhere agents will receive the updated plugin on their defined poll interval.  Agents can be forced to obtain the plugin immediately by:
  • Right-clicking the agent in the system tray and selecting "Refresh Configuration" OR
  • Running the command line “<path to executable>wrsa.exe –poll”. For example: "c:program fileswebrootwrsa.exe" -poll

Webroot apologizes for any inconvenience caused by this defect. Please contact Support if you continue to see installer/uninstaller errors following successful deployment of this plugin. 

29 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
@ wrote:
@ wrote:
Great KB Daniel..How did I miss that? :@
I replaced Shran's with one that shows for all Firefox Based Browsers!
Awesome!:D I have bookmarked it!
Userlevel 5
Badge +11
Thank you all, and that worked nicely Daniel. What a pleasure it is if we get a problem for you folks to instantly come up with the solution, and more so that the forum is not littered with foul and abusive language. Wish they were all like this. Bravo!!
Userlevel 7
Badge +25
@ wrote:
Thank you all, and that worked nicely Daniel. What a pleasure it is if we get a problem for you folks to instantly come up with the solution, and more so that the forum is not littered with foul and abusive language. Wish they were all like this. Bravo!!
Hello Yarco,

Thank you for your honest and kind words about this Webroot Community Forum.  We are always here to help with the questions you may have.  Have a great day!
Userlevel 5
Badge +11
Can advise that the 'fix' for the Web Shield in Waterfox has been working perfectly for a week now should anyone want to add it to their browser.