News

OpenText Completed Acquisition of Webroot

• 24 December 2019
  • 1 reply
OpenText Completed Acquisition of Webroot
Userlevel 7
Badge +48

Hello Webroot Community!

I’m excited to share that OpenText Completed its acquisition of Webroot today.

I’m personally very excited about this next step and evolution of the company and can’t wait to see how the expanded scale and product portfolio will benefit our customers. Mark Barrenechea, CEO and CTO of OpenText, wanted to personally welcome you all to the OpenText family. Read on for a note from Mark. I hope you are enjoying the holiday season and I look forward to working with you in the new year.

Drew

--------------

Dear Webroot Community,

I’m excited to let you know that OpenText has completed our acquisition of Webroot’s parent company Carbonite today. Further details on the acquisition are available in our press release.

I want to personally welcome you to the OpenText family and wish you all the best this holiday season.

I also wanted to give you the peace of mind that we are committed to you as a partner and advocate. I’m amazed by the incredible community that Webroot built and as we begin to integrate Webroot into OpenText, we want to make sure that your experience with our products does not change. Having Webroot as part of OpenText allows us to dedicate more resources to building great solutions to protect and secure you and your customers.

If you are not familiar with OpenText, we are a global leader in Enterprise Information Management. Our products and solutions help organizations extract value from their information, secure that information, and meet the growing list of compliance requirements. This includes a strong roster of products and services in the security and digital forensics space.

Combining Carbonite’s data protection with Webroot’s endpoint protection and threat intelligence solutions and our own Encase endpoint detection and response and digital forensics products will provide a comprehensive endpoint protection solution for customers that is unmatched in the industry.

We will update you on the progress of our integration plans in the new year. In the meantime, please don’t hesitate to contact your Community team or reach out to me directly (markb@opentext.com) with any questions you may have regarding the acquisition.

I wish you and yours a joyful holiday and look forward to connecting with you in the new year.

Mark Barrenechea

OpenText CEO & CTO

1 reply

Badge

sHow long does it take to active a renewed account