PCMag Readers Rank Webroot Best Antivirus and Security Suites in 2021

• 8 January 2021
  • 12 replies
PCMag Readers Rank Webroot Best Antivirus and Security Suites in 2021
Userlevel 7
Badge +48

Updated on March 15, 2021 with PCMag’s Best Security Suites of 2021 Award

Readers’ Choice Awards 2021: Antivirus Software and Security Suites

Webroot was voted a Security Suite for Home Winner, splitting the honor with Bitdefender. This is the second time in two years that Webroot has taken the top prize! Scoring high in many areas, Webroot specifically did well in the Ransomware, Ease of Use, and Performance categories. When summarizing Webroot’s win, PCMag commented, “It’s a security brand that PCMag readers truly rally around year after year.” Congratulations to all on the win!

The Best Tech Brands for 2021

Taken from Readers’ Choice survey responses, PCMag editors distinguished Webroot as the best Security Suite Software (Home Use). With an NPS sore of 87, editors noted that Webroot’s “is also the second best NPS number we saw all year across all categories.”

Business Choice Awards 2021: Security Software and Suites

Webroot is listed positively among top competitors in the space, who include this year’s winners Malwarebytes and Bitdefender. With a rating of 9.3 out of 10, Webroot was voted the best in Performance for the Security Software for Work 2021 category.

The Best Security Suites for 2021

Neil J. Rubenking, of PCMag, recently tested, reviewed, and rated nearly 40 apps to help you choose the best security suite for protecting your devices and your data. Webroot was named Best for Advanced Users. Read the in-depth review.

Thank you Webroot customers for naming Webroot as the winner of the PCMag Readers' Choice Award for best antivirus and security suites in 2021!

12 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Well deserved!

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

We know the software side is good, but let’s not forget that the technical support is also very good as well.

I have only ever contacted support a couple of times through the years, and the response and resolutions to the contact has been excellent. That’s the most important part in any software company’s business… when you have issues, how they get resolved, and Webroot has earned their reward as far as I am concerned. Well Done!

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Great news, congrats !

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Absolutely well deserved. Honestly speaking, since we have changed to Webroot in 2017 ransomware and virus/malware related incidents has decreased dramatically. For me, I will find it very hard to change and move away from Webroot. 

Excellent product, excellent support, all-around amazing experience working with the product.

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

Light load security solutions that just work.  Having webroot with non-admin users seems to result in zero infections for our customers.  Something we think is great.

Headlines like this annoy the crap outta me. The testing for this must have been done as the clock struck midnight on Dec 31st 2020. 2021 has barely existed, such marketing fluff.

Userlevel 1

Well done team Webroot!!

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Wouldn’t want to be without it for me and my customers! Well done Webroot!

Userlevel 7
Badge +25

Nice. You guys are going to need a bigger building to hold all your awards!  :-)

Seeing these awards and ratings adds a bit more comfort feeling to know I am using the best protection available. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +25

Nice. You guys are going to need a bigger building to hold all your awards!  :-)

Seeing these awards and ratings adds a bit more comfort feeling to know I am using the best protection available. 

OK, I just saw that the original post  was nine months old. So how come it is at the top of my screen for News and Announcements? 

Sorry I was late to the game. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Great result, well deserved!

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

Big congrats to Webroot! I like to refer to PCmag for product reviews. I’m not surprised that Webroot has taken the prize on this one!