Press Release: Webroot Sees Double-Digit Growth in 2018

• 12 September 2018
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +35
  • Retired Webrooter
  • 831 replies
BROOMFIELD - September 12, 2018

Webroot, the Smarter Cybersecurity® company, announced 12 percent annual recurring revenue (ARR) growth for its fiscal year ending on June 30, 2018, marking the company’s eighteenth consecutive quarter of double-digit company growth.
Webroot’s business segment ARR grew by 25 percent, more than five times International Data Corporation’s (IDC) compound annual growth rate of 4.7 percent for IT spending by small- to medium-sized businesses for the 2016-2021 forecast period. Webroot’s consumer segment ARR grew 6 percent, 1.5 times higher than the 4.1 percent growth of worldwide security spending in the consumer security software segment, according to Gartner’s Forecast: Information Security, Worldwide, 2016-2022, 2Q18 Update report published July 2018 and authored by Sid Deshpande et al., in 2018.

See full press release here

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Thanks, Anna

Good to hear...well done to all Webrooters!

Regards,  Baldrick
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Awesome news! Thank you @:D
Great news, but I'm quite surprised—that is, surprised that it is the business sector that has seen the spectacular growth (5x the estimated annual growth for total corporate IT security spending) and the consumer sector that has seen relatively 😉 modest growth (1½x the estimated annual growth for total consumer IT security spending). I would have expected the inverse, given the incident back in April 2017.

I suppose it goes to show:
  1. that the corporate sector recognises how solid your product is—notwithstanding that incident
  2. your prompt reaction to and successful remediation of that incident, with the resulting kudos from most of your business customers more than cancelling out any negative effects
  3. btw perhaps it also goes to show what some of us here have felt for some time—that your marketing department's approach to the consumer product is rather cheap and kitsch and ultimately counter-productive. Imo the results for the consumer product should be higher given the quality of your product.
...though in line with this statistic I found through Google that predicts a 12.6% annual growth in "Worldwide information security services spending" for 2018 as compared to 2017.