Subscription mails are delayed

Userlevel 7
Hello @ !

I kindly afford to draw your attention to this issue.

I have noticed that I am receiving subscription mails heavily delayed. Saying heavily I mean they're delayed even a few hours what concerns me and it is pretty annoying. I have to refresh the community page every minute or so to stay in touch. I am not sure when it started to occur but it might be upon upgrade of the community software you have done recently. It's true that I never had these issues in the past. I was enjoying immediate mails notifications. I checked all My Settings and couldn't find anything abnormal what could be causing a lag of notification mails.

Therefore can you kindly check my account and try to figure out what's going on?

Thanks!

25 replies

Userlevel 7
Pegas, your subscription settings look good and should not be causing a delay.

I would appreciate if others with the same issue would let me know as well so I can get an idea of how widespread this issue is. I'm not experiencing the issue on my own account.

There is going to be some scheduled maintenance on the weekend of Oct. 11th that might help as well. Let's see if the issue persists after that weekend, starting Monday.
Userlevel 7
OK Jim, lets see how it is going on Monday.

Thanks!
Userlevel 7
Just to add that RSS feeds seem to work correctly. Only subscription mails are delayed.
Userlevel 7
Badge +54
As I was saying to Jim earlier Pegas, I am getting a 5 hour delay between when the post is made and the notification arrives. But saying that I have just received a notification of a PM that Jim sent me about 5 hours ago. Hopefully after the scheduled maitenance this will be sorted.
Userlevel 7
Jasper, in your case, have you checked to make sure the time settings in your profile are set to your actual time zone? If the delay is predictable, it could point towards just needing to correct for the time difference perhaps.
Userlevel 7
Badge +54
Yes it is set up right, to the UK.
Userlevel 7
The mails are delayed for me too.:( I hope the scheduled maintenance on the weekend of Oct. 11th helps.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ I don't think that's going to happen as Jim is on a 4 day holiday from Friday and he will be back Tuesday morning.

Unless someone else does it in Which I don't think so?

Daniel
Userlevel 7
@
Oh I see. I guess we have to wait for the next scheduled maintenance. Oh well better late than never.;)
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@PIInfinity wrote:
@
Oh I see. I guess we have to wait for the next scheduled maintenance. Oh well better late than never.;)
Amit check your settings in your profile to see if everything is properly set as to mailings under Notifications: https://community.webroot.com/t5/user/myprofilepage/tab/user-subscriptions%3Anotification-settings#.UljN4xBcUhw

Daniel

Userlevel 7
@
Yes exactly as yours.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
How about your GMT settings?

Userlevel 7
@
Yes exactly as yours.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Well not really as mine is set to GMT -5:00 Eastern Time. 😃 I guess we will have to wait for Jim to come back on tuesday!

Daniel
Userlevel 7
Yeah I guess.
Userlevel 7

@ wrote:
There is going to be some scheduled maintenance on the weekend of Oct. 11th that might help as well. Let's see if the issue persists after that weekend, starting Monday.
Hello @ , just to let you know that the issue didn't improve. I have posted in forum more than a hour ago and so far no subscription mail received.
Userlevel 7
@
I believe Jim is on a 4 day holiday from Friday and he will be back Tuesday morning. The scheduled maintenance on the weekend of Oct. 11th probably did not take place. So the problem still persists.
Userlevel 7
I know that Jim is on a well-deserved birthday holiday until tomorrow. I only followed his advice and reverted with result. :D
Userlevel 7
Oh I thought you had referred to the quotation of Jim saying the scheduled maintenance on 11 Oct could have given different result. So I thought maybe you didn't know that the maintenance probably didn't take place as Jim is on the leave. And the problem still persists.;)
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:

@ wrote:
Hello @ , just to let you know that the issue didn't improve. I have posted in forum more than a hour ago and so far no subscription mail received.
Hmmm ... it behaves strangely ... I received notification mails almost instantly upon Amit's replies in this thread, however I didn't receive them for the thread about Microsoft Security Essentials ... nevermind I will closely watch how it goes within a couple next days and will revert.
Userlevel 7
@
Hey I've also received the notification of your reply instantly it seems. You reply says 3 hours ago. Received email at 4:52 pm. Now it's 8 pm. 😃
Userlevel 7
Badge +54
I have just received a notification 3 minutes after a post so that is a great result, well done folks.
Userlevel 7
The maintenance took place as scheduled. That's not actually something I have to do personally, so yes, it still occurred. Pegas, I'm not sure what's going on in your particular case. I will investigate further. Thanks for the update.
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
The maintenance took place as scheduled. That's not actually something I have to do personally, so yes, it still occurred. Pegas, I'm not sure what's going on in your particular case. I will investigate further. Thanks for the update.
Thanks Jim, now the mails come quite on time but today morning's posts have been again delayed. It behaves inconsistently.
Userlevel 7
My mails are on time now. That's great news. It wasn't the case only a few days ago.