Time lost

• 12 January 2016
  • 4 replies

I was constantly reminded that I had 100+ days left on my subscription. After ignoring it for about a week I noticed my computer acting up, slowing down and resetting.  This has happened before around the time I needed to reup my subscription.
So I went and purchased at BestBuy a 2 year subscription since WebRoot will not match the price and it's $30+ higher from them. I had at the time 100 days left on my subscrition on the old "Keycode" and after loading the new code on I thought I would have just added the 730 days onto the 100 I had left. I was surprised to find that not only did my computer quit acting funny I lost the 100 days I had left from the old code.
This is starting to make me very frustrated with WebRoot and the way they do business.
Like I have said earlier this is not the 1st time I have had issues with them. I have had WebRoot for probably 6+ years. I love the protection they provide but the other issues that come when it's time to reup and the loss of time which is money I lost from the last purchase. I would have waited but like I stated my PC started to act up as soon as I started to receive the messages to reup and now have stopped.
So hopefully someone else has experienced this type of issue and we can cofront WebRoot on this to get it corrected as soon as possible.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6
? you still have the license keys ( the old & new )?? And when you bought & activated them??
Not sure if you have to go thru BB first or if it's better to talk to WR directly.
Maybe someone can answer this
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello ?,

Welcome to the Webroot Community,

My best advice would be to call Webroot Support or Submit a Support Ticket to see if they will add your lost time to your account.

https://tel:18666124268
Mon-Fri 7:00 AM to 6:30 PM (MST)

Hope this helps?

Thanks for the info and Phone #.  That was something I was trying to find with no success. I guess I summited a "Support Ticket" already but I'm not sure how long it takes for them to respond. I called and was promply told it would be almost a half hour before I would talk to someone.  :/
My biggest complaint is that this is not the first time I have had both computer issues close to the end of my subscription with WebRoot or the fact that I lost time when I reup. Each time I was told that they were working on fixing this issue but it appears that they have not done so.  So now I will spend how many hours trying to connect with them and get this resolved. 
I wish that they just matched the pricing at the "Big Box" stores and this would become a non issue with me. But $30 - $40 is a big savings that I feel is worth buying.
Oh well off to the phones to wait............Wish me luck....lol
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hi Kirby!

Yes this is still a known difference in prices and a lot of customers choose to renew by purchasing a new keycode. I am sorry that this happens. If you are using Password Manager I again have to tell you to contact support to get your old passwords transferred to your new keycode.

Please let us know how things went for you and if Webroot was able to help with the time difference.

Thanks!