Upcoming Webroot DNS Protection Q&A: June 6th 2018

Userlevel 5
Badge +11
Hello Webroot Community!

I wanted to spend some time with you to answer your questions about DNS Protection. Webroot will be holding a Live Q&A session here on the Community, at 10am MDT on June 6th 2018. Please use this time to post your questions about DNS Protection, and I will answer as many as possible between 10-10:30am, MDT.

I look forward to hearing from all of you!

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +48
Ok everyone, we will be starting the LIVE Q&A with Kiran NOW! 

Please go here to participate and join-in on the conversation

Userlevel 7
Badge +48
Hi @

We'll be sharing a link shortly but it will be on the Business Community at 10am MDT. 

Excited for you to join in!

Userlevel 7
Badge +33
Where's the Live Q&A taking place? 
Userlevel 7
Badge +48
Hey everyone, 

Thanks for submitting your questions! We're only 15 minutes away from our LIVE Q&A with @. We'll be posting a link to the new thread shortly once we get things kicked off. 

Thanks again for your questions. We're excited to get started. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +5
Without naming names, can we expect to see parity with other dns filtering/protections on the market? If so, can you highlight anything coming or a roadmap? 
Badge +6
@, Perhaps an overview of how the DNS-P functions for the mobile devices that steps outside the network occasionally.
Userlevel 7
Badge +54
What is DNS to the normal person in street?
Userlevel 7
Badge +48
@ wrote:
Is there any plan for Consumers to get to use Webroot's DNS service? It would be nice if we could!
Thanks @, we'll add that one to the list too!

Userlevel 7
Badge +63
Is there any plan for Consumers to get to use Webroot's DNS service? It would be nice if we could!
Userlevel 7
Badge +48
Great question, @

We'll add that to the list for 6/6. 

Thanks! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello @,

Would you please explain what DNS is all about? What does it stand for and it's purpose? 
Userlevel 7
Badge +48
Hey everyone,

To provide some context on this Live Q&A, we have a few items we’d like to go over. Kiran is our Product Director for Network, and is Webroot’s expert on DNS Protection. Because of his expertise, we highly recommend stopping by and/or asking a few questions, and it is worth noting that some of your questions could very well help others who find this post.

@ is kindly taking time out of his busy day to respond to the questions here. As such, we ask that the guidelines be observed and respected.

All questions should be pertaining to DNS Protection.

A few points that we will ask Kiran to cover:

• What kind of DNS vulnerabilities are there?
  • If DNS Protection is supported by a cloud-based service, what happens with my data?
  • What does it mean to have real-time threat prevention at the network level?
  • How can I protect my organization from ransomware and phishing?

Keep an eye out for this featured discussion on June 6th. In the meantime, please post your questions here so we can go through them once we have Kiran with us and ready to go.

So, what questions do you have about DNS?