Upcoming Webroot WiFi Security Q&A

• 18 October 2018
  • 16 replies

Hello Webroot Community! 

The entire Webroot team is really excited about the launch of our new product, Webroot WiFi Security
If you didn't see our announcement yesterday you can find out more here.

I wanted to let you know that the WiFi Security product team along with other Webrooters will be on the Community in a couple weeks answering your questions about our newest product.

Details: 
  • When? Monday October 29th, 2018
  • Time? 10:00am - 11:00am MT
  • Who? @@, and me (@)
We're looking forward to talking with you and answering your questions about WiFi Security and all things VPN. 

If any questions pop up between now and the 29th, feel free to add them below and we'll do our best to answer them in a couple of weeks. 

Thanks! 

16 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +3
I purchased the Webroot Secure Anywhere Complete 5 device and Webroot WiFi Utility 3 device bundle on 2018 October 19, directly from Webroot via a phone call to Webroot.  First, I was Emailed the same keycode for both apps.  A call was made to Customer Support and, as I suspected, I was told that this is not proper and a Ticket was created.

Then, on 2018 October 20, I was Emailed instructions for installing the apps on a PC and links to the software download site.  The links for both apps resulted in the same installation file be downloaded for both apps.  I am certain that this is not proper.  So, I created another new Ticket.

Since I did not want to wait until after the weekend Customer Support to try the Android and Windows WiFi Security apps, I download the trial from the Google Play Store for one of our phones and it is now installed.  I also used a provided link to download the PC app for Windows.  This time the link pointed to what looked like the proper installation file.  The Windows app was installed and is now installed and working.  I am looking for a way to use the corrected key code, provided for the purchased WiFi Security app, to enable the purchased app and then cancel the trial.

2018 October 26 update:  Customer support tried to resolve the issue for me, but was not able to do so.  I was asked to try creating a new account, using a different E-Mail address, for the WiFi Security app.  I did this, on 2018 October 24 and was able to install the app to our 2 phones and my PC.  However, when I log in to the new account, I do not see the 3 devices added to the console.  I am not able to add any of the devices to the console.  The PC Security and Mobile Security areas are both greyed out.

Userlevel 7
Badge +25
Why just VPN for WiFi? Why not VPN at any time? I travel in foreign countires and would like VPN while on the cell network. I have such a service, but would rather see your service expanded to run WiFi on any connection. 

Also, if on the cell network, the program does not error properly. It tries to connect for a while and then just goes back to the connection button with no message or error. Too me a while to realize that I had not turned on WiFi when it was avaialble. So you need better error handling with more messages to the user when things don't work.

Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +63
@ wrote:
Why just VPN for WiFi? Why not VPN at any time? I travel in foreign countires and would like VPN while on the cell network. I have such a service, but would rather see your service expanded to run WiFi on any connection. 

Also, if on the cell network, the program does not error properly. It tries to connect for a while and then just goes back to the connection button with no message or error. Too me a while to realize that I had not turned on WiFi when it was available. So you need better error handling with more messages to the user when things don't work.

Thanks

It does and is was mentioned during the Beta testing.
Userlevel 7
Badge +36
Wanted to say that the questions posted here will be brought over to the active thread once it starts on the 29th. Feel free to continue posting any and all questions (pertaining to WiFi Security) and we will address them during the Live Q&A.
Version problems
Not having a black theme
The error type is not known when the connection is not performed
Can not manually connect. It does not connect to servers. Only the software provided should be used
Do not display the remaining days of the account
Userlevel 7
Badge +36
@ wrote:
Version problems
Not having a black theme
The error type is not known when the connection is not performed
Can not manually connect. It does not connect to servers. Only the software provided should be used
Do not display the remaining days of the account
Thank you! I'll add these, although I might change them around a bit so they're in the form of questions.
Userlevel 7
Badge +48
Keep your questions coming! We're all really looking forward to the 29th! 

Userlevel 3
Badge +3
@ wrote:

Hello Webroot Community! 

The entire Webroot team is really excited about the launch of our new product, Webroot WiFi Security
If you didn't see our announcement yesterday you can find out more here.

I wanted to let you know that the WiFi Security product team along with other Webrooters will be on the Community in a couple weeks answering your questions about our newest product.

Details: 
  • When? Monday October 29th, 2018
  • Time? 10:00am - 11:00am MT
  • Who? @@, and me (@)
We're looking forward to talking with you and answering your questions about WiFi Security and all things VPN. 

If any questions pop up between now and the 29th, feel free to add them below and we'll do our best to answer them in a couple of weeks. 

Thanks! 

1. Has it been established that a separate account needs to be created, using a different E-Mail address than is used for Secure Anywhere apps, for the new WiFi Security app?

2. Relative to the Console for a WiFi Security account, How long does it normally take after the app is activated on a device, before the device appears on the Console?

3. Where can I find an example that shows what the Console for the WiFi Security app should look like?
Hi thewamp,

Welcome to the Webroot Community.

You can find detailed instructions for creating your WiFi Security account HERE.

As it states there... "Please note that if you already have a Webroot SecureAnywhere Console account, you should use those credentials for WiFi Security. Learn more here. "

So, yes, if you want the WiFi Security App to show in your existing Web Console, then use that same email and password when establishing your Wifi Security account.

As far as how long it takes to show up? I'd say 24 hours at the most, but I'm pretty sure when I did it, it showed up within a couple of hours (but that's only if you used the same account info for your WiFi account as you did for your original Web Console. ;)).

And here are some screenshots of what the console looks like. However, currently there is not any relevant info in the console, just a couple of links. I was hoping it would at least show which devices the app is installed on, but at this point it doesn't. Hopefully more is coming to the WiFi Security console in the future. ;)

Hope this info helps,
Userlevel 7
Badge +25
@ wrote:
@ wrote:

Also, if on the cell network, the program does not error properly. It tries to connect for a while and then just goes back to the connection button with no message or error. Too me a while to realize that I had not turned on WiFi when it was available. So you need better error handling with more messages to the user when things don't work.

Thanks

It does and is was mentioned during the Beta testing.
Um, it does what? Connect over cell? Well, if it did, I would not have asked for it to do that. On my Samsung S8, it not only does not connect, it does not error properly either. That is what I said.  So if it is supposed to do that, it is buggy at best. 
Userlevel 3
Badge +3
@ wrote:

1. How do I partipicate in the WiFi Security Q&A?
Userlevel 7
Badge +63
@ wrote:
@ wrote:

1. How do I partipicate in the WiFi Security Q&A?
From the first post: @AndyMa@TylerM, and me (@PCrespin)[/list]We're looking forward to talking with you and answering your questions about WiFi Security and all things VPN. 

Right here in this thread!

HTH,
Userlevel 7
Badge +63
Just over 2 hours from the time of this post the Q&A will start! 12PM EST, 10AM MST

https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/usa/denver
Userlevel 4
My West coast server is not being selected proberly (it shows West coast but the server location is actually East coast) and when switch to "automatic" I am sent to another country (Mexico) where my browser is in a forign language. Then when I try to switch back to West cost manually, it stays on the Mexico server in Spanish.
Automatic should never send you to another country in another language.

Right now I should be on US West but Google is asking me the following:
Looking for results in English?
Change to English
Stay in Iñlisçe
Language settings
Userlevel 7
Badge +36
Hey folks, we're getting started here soon so keep an eye out for the live thread. Once it's up, I will gradually bring your questions. Thank you for being part of this, and we'll post the link to the live thread in here shortly.
Userlevel 7
Badge +48
Hey everyone, we'll be getting started shortly. Please go here to follow along and ask your questions about WiFi Security!