Please click here to see the most recent update.
UPDATE 4/28/17 11:45 a.m. MNT: We have 0 calls in queue on our phone line, and are working through about 80 tickets related to the False Positive repair utility. A good portion of those are simply awaiting customer verification.
Please note, the utility was built to address only this specific false positive issue. It will be deactivated in the future.
If applications are operating normally on your systems, you do not need to implement the utility.
If you haven’t yet submitted a support ticket and you need the repair utility, please do so here. Include your phone number as well with the support ticket.
Best answer by freydrewView original
Can we have an update this morning as to how the tool is doing with the beta testers? If and When this might be a reliable solution or not. Machines we fixed yesterday seem to exhibit same issues today all over again.
Also I did not recieve the email for MSP's to use for clients. can we post that here or please make sure I recieve a copy via email.
From what I can tell clients are still not recieving commands from cloud console is that still locked for a reason or is there a way to unlock that?
We deactivated every endpoint yesterday morning. We just reactivated them today, based on the comments from Webroot that the problem was fixed. On the server where we first encountered the problem though, Webroot tried to quarantine the same files! (It was in silent auidt mode, so nothing happened.)
Update: We then uninstalled Webroot from the server, and reinstalled. A subsequent scan did not result in false-positives.
Can someone please provide a detailed technical report of what happend, what has been done so far, and what we should expect to occur in various scenarios?
Thanks for the update, but do you know if the beta utility is working? How long are they going to test it? any idea of MSP release time?
For MSP guys:
Has anyone been able to get commands to work via console yet? If so what did you do?
Are you white listing programs as they get Quarintined?
We have went in and even excluded directories from scans and realtime scanning and seems if client restarts computer they get re-quarantined.
We are whitelisting, but may of these applications already had some form of exclusion in place (MD5 or folder/file path) but they appear to have been ignored.
Stand by for news about the automated restoration tool. We have been working with some customers overnight to gauge its effectiveness. Its looking good. Drew will post more in a few minutes.
Thanks for the updates! Still having command issues from Console, We have also found that if machine is left on and programs open they don't get RE-Quarantined.
However as soon as a restart comes through it rescans and re-quarantines
In addition to the manual fix issued Monday, April 24, we have now issued a standalone repair utility that provides a streamlined fix for business customers. It will release and restore quarantined applications to working order on the impacted endpoints.
For access to the repair utility, customers should open a support ticket, or reply to your existing support ticket related to this issue. Please include your phone number within the support ticket.
Our sincerest thanks to the MSP beta customers who worked with us to test and validate this repair. We appreciate the support of our customers and thank you for your patience.
That's about the only option I can think of that you have.
I'm sure you will have some excuse like you need to track the number of people that need it or something, just put a **bleep** download counter on it and post it publicly. The world already knows about your screw-up, being shady about it now is not helping your case to keep your existing clients, and that is what I'm sure this is really about is making sure that we contact you so that you can send us to the retention department because you know about every MSP out there is scrambling to test other options right now.
Want to mitigate the customer loss? Own your screw up, don't minimize it with this "13 minutes" BS that you are trying to spread as if that makes it better, it's been an ongoing issue for us and our clients for days now.
Tell us what you are going to do to be better in the future. This is at least the 3rd major screw up from webroot in the past year, and some of them like the terminal server issues are still ongoing but webroot lost interest in fixing them. No updates have been released for the agents in the past 6 months, oh except that one that broke everything and had to be rereleased with rolled back code.
We want to know what the heck is going on at webroot and be convinced why we shouldn't change vendors, because we are losing clients because of you, and no I don't want to call you and ask for the privilege of lip service, it needs to be public and it needs to include an actual apology from the people in charge and a plan for turning the ship around.
I believe you can use this one