Webroot Extends Cybersecurity Leadership with Acquisition of CyberFlow Analytics

• 19 September 2016
  • 17 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
  • Retired Webrooter
  • 6752 replies
BROOMFIELD, CO. – September 19, 2016Webroot, the market leader in next-generation endpoint security and threat intelligence, today announced it has acquired the assets of CyberFlow Analytics, an innovator in applying data science to network anomaly detection. This acquisition enhances Webroot’s ability to address the explosion of internet-connected devices and an increasingly complex threat landscape.

Adding the FlowScape network behavioral analytics solution extends Webroot’s leadership in machine learning-based cybersecurity to the network layer. As malware is now overwhelmingly polymorphic and advanced persistent threats (APTs) mask their activities within everyday network noise, SaaS-based FlowScape adversarial analytics and unsupervised machine learning enables Webroot to further reduce time to classify and address threats.

Full press release here.

17 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Awesome! http://www.cyberflowanalytics.com/

https://www.webroot.com/us/en/business/flowscape
Userlevel 7
Seems to be very good movement to raise the security level!
WSA grows stronger, great news, thanks Nic :D

Mike
Userlevel 3
Badge +6
Sounds awesome. I am interested in learning more.
Userlevel 7
That sounds like interesting technology. Great move by Webroot!
Userlevel 5
Badge +1
At this rate of innovation and improvement one of the big boys will be buying out Webroot  😉
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
At this rate of innovation and improvement one of the big boys will be buying out Webroot  ;-)
Who knows what the future holds:cattongue:
@ wrote:
At this rate of innovation and improvement one of the big boys will be buying out Webroot  ;-)
Personally, I hope not. Bigger isn't always better. I was a huge fan of the weather website "Weather Underground". It had a huge amount of information, maps, graphs, charts, historical data, etc. for weather geeks like me. It was bought out by the Weather Channel and now it totally sucks. I'm afraid the same would happen to Webroot if a Norton or McAfee were to get their grubby hands on it. But, unfortunately, it's all about money these days. If the price were right, they (Webroot) may just capitulate.

BD
Userlevel 7
Badge +35
Don't worry guys, I think we are too proud of what we do to allow ourselves to be sold to the likes of those companies! :D
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
Don't worry guys, I think we are too proud of what we do to allow ourselves to be sold to the likes of those companies! :D
Yeah, Good God don't jinx us @ LOL 😃
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
@ wrote:
Who knows what the future holds:cattongue:

@ wrote:
Webroot better not....................................and no freaking way!:@ It's been in the family way to long!

Daniel
@ wrote:

Yeah, Good God don't jinx us @ LOL :D
I thinkk you're barking up the wrong tree, Dave. ;)

@ wrote:

BurnDaddy

Userlevel 5
Badge +1
I also hope they don't get bought out.....but I saw what happened with so many others, my last such product being Hitmanpro being bought out by the Sophos giant. Sophos, McAfee and Norton are stagnating in terms of innovation, it would be laughable if not so serious for their users. All that money and people and questionable results. Some of them have improved, but they should be doing a LOT better.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
I also hope they don't get bought out.....but I saw what happened with so many others, my last such product being Hitmanpro being bought out by the Sophos giant. Sophos, McAfee and Norton are stagnating in terms of innovation, it would be laughable if not so serious for their users. All that money and people and questionable results. Some of them have improved, but they should be doing a LOT better.
HMP was a very small company so that we could see! But Webroot has been the one doing the buying!

BrightCloud July 7, 2010: https://www.webroot.com/us/en/company/press-room/releases/acquisition-url-filtering-saas

Prevx November 1, 2010: https://www.webroot.com/us/en/company/press-room/releases/technology-acquisition-cloud-security

CyberFlow Analytics September 19, 2016: https://www.webroot.com/us/en/company/press-room/releases/webroot-extends-cybersecurity-leadership-with-acquisition-of-cyberflow-analytics

Daniel
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
Hi Anna

Good to know...and if I am correct given that Webroot is private equity owned, i.e., only a small group of focussed 'shareholders', it allows for more control & less speculation by people who only have a vested interest in the money they can get for a company, etc.?

Regards, Baldrick

Userlevel 7
Badge +35
Yep - everyone involved is really invested in the technology, as is indicated by us acquiring some pretty incredible companies to help build out our solutions! 
Userlevel 7
Hi Anna

That is a great approach and long may it continue so that Webroot continues to be ahead of the pack. :D

Regards, Baldrick
Great.